Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Bike Wont Take A Tune With New Cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 11:11 AM
Twenty_One
Intermediate
Received 20 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chopjaw
The Bog is a product of pressure or lack thereof from the cans. It's not a super big deal but one that I will be addressing with the Louvered baffles. After everything that I have read and talked to Khrome Werks, it is the M8 that needs to back pressure to remove the bog. I cannot speak for one day turnaround, he usually wants the bike for 2 days just to make sure that everything is done correctly.

I dont think the RDRS bikes care about S&S 475 cams. I have several friends with S&S 475s in their RDRS bikes with zero issues. I'm not sue how you think that. Sure there are some things that the tune has to know, having RDRS is one of them.

What exhaust are you running? I have some TAB's 4.5s with both zombie and 2.5 baffles that I took off for the Khrome Werks exhaust if you're interested..? Not that the TABs are bad, I went with KW for the look.

This is an old pic of my bike. I have since changed the intake and other things.

It was actually FM that stated the RDRS bikes didn't like the 475. They did also mention that vacuum was a huge issue with M8's "back pressure".

I'm running a 2-into-1 Bassani Road Rage. I picked it up because that's all that was available in Vegas at the time. I may switch to HPi or FM Jackpot shortys and then if i have to baffle, then i have to baffle.

I want a little more power down low so I figure the 22XE would come on a little quicker. Plus it's more power gain overall.

Old 05-24-2023, 11:16 AM
Chopjaw
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Twenty_One
It was actually FM that stated the RDRS bikes didn't like the 475. They did also mention that vacuum was a huge issue with M8's "back pressure".

I'm running a 2-into-1 Bassani Road Rage. I picked it up because that's all that was available in Vegas at the time. I may switch to HPi or FM Jackpot shortys and then if i have to baffle, then i have to baffle.

I want a little more power down low so I figure the 22XE would come on a little quicker. Plus it's more power gain overall.
Moto Performance Garage has HPI in stock. Give Juan a call over there and he will hook you up. Tell him that Pat sent you. 702-606-0802

Old 05-24-2023, 11:21 AM
Twenty_One
Intermediate

Moto Performance Garage has HPI in stock. Give Juan a call over there and he will hook you up. Tell him that Pat sent you. 702-606-0802

No way! I didn't know anyone stocked them. Thank you! I figured I'd be waiting 4 months

The following users liked this post:
Chopjaw (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 11:54 AM
Chopjaw
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Twenty_One
No way! I didn't know anyone stocked them. Thank you! I figured I'd be waiting 4 months
He has shortys... You better act fast....

Last edited by Chopjaw; 05-24-2023 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-25-2023, 10:02 PM
Twenty_One
Intermediate

He has shortys... You better act fast....

Pat, you're a fu**ing legend! Juan was awesome, the price was fair, and he even delivered. Thanks again, man. Let me know when you get that 22XE and what you think of it.

Last edited by Twenty_One; 05-25-2023 at 11:58 PM.