Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

ECM: Is there any where to get a 2000 Classic Road King ECM repaired at?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 07:09 AM
roberthh
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ECM: Is there any where to get a 2000 Classic Road King ECM repaired at?????

My stock 2000 Harley Classic Road King fuel injected has lost signal to the rear cylinder everything else works & operates fine. Tried to clear ECM multiple times. Nothing. Had a short in left running rear light & blew the 15amp main fuse Then lost spark to rear cylinder after I repaired wire. Any places out there that can repair my ECM?

Old 11-17-2022, 08:07 AM
eighteight
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,025 Likes on 2,874 Posts

Member Ed Ramberger may have a tested used replacement

Last edited by eighteight; 11-17-2022 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-17-2022, 08:19 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 860 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by roberthh
My stock 2000 Harley Classic Road King fuel injected has lost signal to the rear cylinder everything else works & operates fine. Tried to clear ECM multiple times. Nothing. Had a short in left running rear light & blew the 15amp main fuse Then lost spark to rear cylinder after I repaired wire. Any places out there that can repair my ECM?
You have a 2000 Harley Road King classic.
The rear fuel injector has lost signal. To clarify, I will guess that you mean the rear fuel injector is not spraying fuel.
You tried to clear the ECM for some reason.
You had some kind of short in the left running rear light & blew the 15amp main fuse.. I will guess that you replaced that one fuse and also removed and reviewed each fuse one by one.
I will guess that you looked at entire wire loom from seat area to rear end to confirm the wires under rear fender are not rubbed by tire.
You state "Then lost spark to rear cylinder after I repaired wire"..I will guess the repaired wire is the short from rear left running light.
History of ownership is unknown and it is also unknown when bike last operated correctly.
I remember reading reports that something like 1999-2002+ the touring models had a concern with fuel injector wire breaking within insulation.
The wire would break within the insulation because it was too tight. I believe it was near a tie wrap/zip tie close to fuel injector.
A single strand from the many strands that make the wire inside the wire insulation/cover could make intermittent contact and make diagnosis via continuity measurement difficult.
The solution was to replace that small section of wire.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:53 AM
roberthh
6th Gear

I did ohm out all wires on injector harness once seems fine. Going to re-check the wire again thanks for all your help.

Old 11-17-2022, 09:00 AM
roberthh
6th Gear

Again currently , No spark condition rear cylinder off new coil & plug wire. Tested fuel injector clicks on off with low voltage applied.

Old 11-17-2022, 09:13 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by roberthh
Again currently , No spark condition rear cylinder off new coil & plug wire. Tested fuel injector clicks on off with low voltage applied.
Is the NO spark the problem or is it the signal?
I understood signal as fuel injection. Is injector spraying fuel?
If it is spark then how are you testing for spark?
If you move plug wire to front and front to back does the spark situation change?
Does this motorcycle have some king of piggy back fuel adder like a COBRA or power commander...if yes then remove them from equation.

Old 11-17-2022, 09:37 AM
roberthh
6th Gear

Seems to be bad signal out from coil to ECM from 3 wire connector at coil. Ohmed wires they seem fine. Have 12 volts power in center connector prong to coil. But no signal out of rear cylinder prong in connector on coil to ECM .Checking rear spark with plug grounded to jug & even an angle spark wire tester.

Old 11-17-2022, 09:39 AM
roberthh
6th Gear

Bike is all factory stock setup. No extra anything.

Old 11-17-2022, 12:58 PM
roberthh
6th Gear

After some research I see it maybe the trigger signal is lost for the rear cylinder from ECM to coil. But unsure how to even test for this issue.

Old 11-17-2022, 01:04 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member

By chance does your bike have M & M fuel injection with the rubber boot at ECM to wire harness connector.
Reason:
The rubber boot could be broken and perhaps that allowed moisture/water/salt to get pins wet.
Especially if someone was washing bike with a pressure washer or if the rubber boot is missing.

Cleaning the pins and connector and reseating might resolve a connection concern.

Quick Reply: ECM: Is there any where to get a 2000 Classic Road King ECM repaired at?????