Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Harley race tuner and decel popping

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 04:21 PM
MegaHDman
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Harley race tuner and decel popping

A second option to the Dyno tuning is a WEGO wideband sensor kit, if your knowlegeable on the basic SERT software or how it works. http://www.daytona-sensors.com/WEGO2.html
The wideband seonsor tells you in realtime what your TRUE afr is, and also has data logging. You can insert the wideband sensor and log both the front and rear cylinders independently WHILE YOU RIDE, and under real loads to the engine. You can then take the afr info from the wideband sensor and tweak your SERT accordingly. Over time and use, you will become proficient at dialing your bikes fuel tables, probably much better than going to a local dyno where they will at most ballpark your tables. Dyno time is costly, and to properly tune your bike with the SERT will cost $$$$ if you really want it done right. The money saved you can do it yourself, and in the long run will probably have a much better tweaked map which will result in a stronger running engine. Don't settle for a "ballpark" tune. Do it yourself and learn.

Old 11-23-2005, 05:23 PM
R Horn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MegaHDman
Thats what I have been using, the WEGO2 from Daytona Sensor. Works great logged RPM, AFR and TPS like this you can really nail down your VE tables on your SERT or PC. There were times when I thought it was lean the recordings showed rich and allowed me to realy dial it in nice. My *** was wrong but the WEGO2 was rite on the MONEY. I have since ordered one of there TCFI Gen II Fuel Injection Controller kits. I also managed to get another WEGO2 signed off through purchasing today. You can never have to much.

These are basically both the same company and I have been very impressed so far with there products
http://www.daytona-twintec.com
http://www.daytona-sensors.com

Rich

Old 11-24-2005, 01:54 AM
SubZer0
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This only works if you have an O2 sensor. Am I wrong?

Old 11-24-2005, 12:01 PM
R Horn
Cruiser

SubZer0
If you get a system from http://www.daytona-sensors.com/WEGO2.html it comes with everything. $425 with an AFR display that logg’s also and the sensor, weld in nut and plug. (WEGO2-SYS & WEGO2-SYS-A). For $345 you can get the WEGO2-SYS-NB this is same as above but no display. You have to weld the nut into you pipes front rear or both if you want to tune both cyls independent. The kits only come with one nut so extras must be ordered along with plugs to block them if and when the sensor is removed.

My only complaint is there nut is a little to short and puts the sensor to deep into the pipe for my taste. I extend there nut with some stainless tube. If you look at a set of Rinehart pipes on a Tourer the Rinehart installed nut is what I think the installed nut length should be. The nut in this case is located in the front pipe just forward on the trans.

Rich

PS: A wide band o2 sensor (WEGO Sensor) is the same sensor Dynojet uses to record AFR on there Dynojet 250 Dyno. Logging on the road with a logger allows for actuall true loaded tuning.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:51 PM
SubZer0
Road Master

That system sounds really cool, however I just purchased a race tuner today so I'll have to hold off until after the holidays now or my wife will have my nuts welded onto the pipes :-).

Old 11-24-2005, 11:32 PM
MegaHDman
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: SubZer0

That system sounds really cool, however I just purchased a race tuner today so I'll have to hold off until after the holidays now or my wife will have my nuts welded onto the pipes :-).
All you gotta tell your wife is that you need the WEGOII afr monitor to properly USE and tune your SERT. Otherwise youll end up spending the money on dyno runs.

Old 11-25-2005, 12:27 AM
SubZer0
Road Master

ORIGINAL: MegaHDman

All you gotta tell your wife is that you need the WEGOII afr monitor to properly USE and tune your SERT. Otherwise youll end up spending the money on dyno runs.
O ya I'm sure that will work, NOT.

Old 11-25-2005, 03:21 AM
R Horn
Cruiser

SubZer0
If your at all comfortable using a computor and I assume you are since you purchased a SERT. You will be very happy if you eventually buy the WEGO2. Save up a couple more bucks and pick one up before spring and it will forever change the way you tune your engine. The dyno will end up being something just to get numbers from and not for tuning. I have already purchased 2 and ordered another yesterday from Daytona sensor and if you include the one that is coming with the TCFI that would make 4 total. I also ordered a remote WEGO sensor from Performance Trends Wednesday for use in our engine test cell at work. Once you start using a WEGO it will change the way you tune/map engine.

Good luck with the SERT.

Rich

Old 11-25-2005, 03:42 AM
SubZer0
Road Master

Thanks Rich, I think thats the way I will go, after the first of the year that is. I'm not done with my motor yet. Ya I like playing with gadgets. I have my house all setup wireless. I still take things apart just to see what makes them tick.

Old 11-30-2005, 03:20 PM
am7010
Intermediate

NGK also has a new air/fuel monitor system for about $300. You can check it out at the NGK sparkplugs website. Looks to be a real good system for by far the best price, I have mine ordered I'll let you know how it works.

Quick Reply: Harley race tuner and decel popping