Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision will not recover

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 11:17 AM
jjsinaz
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Power Vision will not recover

Hi. I have a PV that recently went into a "Recovery Mode". I tried to recover it by following the instructions on the Fuel moto and Dyno jet websites and the recovery fails. Emailed Dynojet and they want to sell me a new one at a "discounted rate". I paid $400 for it less than 2 years ago and I expect something that costs that much to last a bit longer than 2 years.
Has anyone else had this problem and were you able to recover it using some "trick"?

Old 05-28-2022, 02:28 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 619 Posts

Did you ask Dyno Jet if you could send it in to them to see what they could do with it?
m

Old 05-28-2022, 07:16 PM
jjsinaz
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Me: PV is stuck in recovery mode. Tried to recover it using the documented procedure and it fails PV Serial number 200601001079

PV: If your product is no longer within the warranty period, has been physically damaged, or no longer functions for any reason we can offer you a customer loyalty discounted replacement of your device. Upon receipt of the unit being returned for trade in, we will immediately sell you a discounted replacement. They are generally processed the same day received and include free return shipping within the continental US. The offer would replace or upgrade your existing unit to a brand new, retail packaged Power Vision 4 for $259.99,(only available for 2014 and newer model year) or a Power Vision 1B, 2B or 3B ( while supplies last) for $529.99 which are priced substantially below our normal dealer wholesale cost as our way of saying thanks to loyal customers.

Me: What I would like is technical support to help me fix the one I have that I paid $400 for less than 2 years ago. Your offer to sell me a new one at a discounted rate is unacceptable

PV: James, if the unit is not going through the recovery procedure that you said you have already tried, then the memory or processor of your unit is faulty. There is no way to repair them, so the only option is replacement.

If I understand this correctly, since my bike is a 2011, I would have to go with the $529.99 option, which is more than I paid for the original PV.
This is very disappointing. I expect something that costs that much to last longer than it has. Prior to this incident, I had been fairly impressed with the device but not so much now. This just happened all of the sudden. I have the PV attached to the bike all the time and today I started the bike and had this recovery mode message. There is no physical damage to the unit nor has there been anything else unusual that happened recently. Seems odd that it would fail like that unless there is some underlying know defect.

Last edited by jjsinaz; 05-28-2022 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-27-2022, 04:44 PM
SS FLHX
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Try updating your winPv and client portal. Had the same thing just happen to me this week. Updated both softwares and was able to get it out of recovery mode

Old 06-25-2023, 07:14 AM
Kyriakos93
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the exact same problem. Sometimes if I connect it to my PC it runs like nothing happened, but as soon as I connect to my bike it runs into recovery mode. Did anyone find out anything to sort this problem out?

Old 06-25-2023, 08:17 AM
SS FLHX
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyriakos93
I have the exact same problem. Sometimes if I connect it to my PC it runs like nothing happened, but as soon as I connect to my bike it runs into recovery mode. Did anyone find out anything to sort this problem out?
you'll have to update the software. Give dynojet a call and they'll help you out.

Old 06-25-2023, 10:13 AM
Kyriakos93
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS FLHX
you'll have to update the software. Give dynojet a call and they'll help you out.
It is already up to date. I tried aswell to follow the steps for the recovery process but it always comes up with ''failed''.

Old 06-29-2023, 02:44 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyriakos93
It is already up to date. I tried aswell to follow the steps for the recovery process but it always comes up with ''failed''.
This is Scaring me from getting one. Keep us updated on this problem.

Old 06-29-2023, 02:51 PM
M Oclaf
Grand HDF Member
Received 5,803 Likes on 2,678 Posts
Default Skerred?

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
This is Scaring me from getting one. Keep us updated on this problem.
It gives me pause and makes me thinks, yeah, something isn’t working right, but skerred? Nope. Hopefully these lads get it fixed and share with updates. TIA

Old 07-02-2023, 06:07 AM
MikeTD3
Road Master
Veteran: Navy
Received 228 Likes on 127 Posts

I coughed up $700 for one last year and it has gone into recovery mode multiple times, but has eventually booted up. Mine is on the latest versions of firmware and software.

The next time is does it I am going to contact Fuel Moto for a replacement before my 1 year warranty has expired; it seems the quality has slipped with these units.