Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Trouble code?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 05:47 PM
streetmaster56
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Trouble code?

Got a ? about my 21 bob ive had sitting in my garage since its purchase in November, the bike only has 49 break-in miles. I got out once in a while to start it up, but the other day it acted like the battery went down, so i went to buy a battery tender. Just thought id give it another shot and it started up but then shut off. Again it started up and shut off, i noticed the engine light popped up, started it up again but ran this time. I cand go out and start it up and it runs fine, ran it through the diagnostics for any codes, got 6 codes, P0120, P0220, P1511, P1600, P1608, P2105. Ive got the bike on a tender now, and do plan to take the bike back to the shop ASAP when the weather is better. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue.

Old 01-13-2022, 07:25 PM
pgreer
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,057 Posts

The first two are TPS1 and TPS2, third EFI Power Management Mode, 4th EFI Module Processor Internal Error / Watchdog Error, 5th Loss of continuous battery, 6th EFI Forced engine shutdown. All likely due to a discharged or weak battery.

If you don't ride the bike for more than a week or so, put it on a battery tender until it is fully charged. And don't start it occasionally. Starting an engine and not getting everything up to full operating temperature is doing more harm than good. As parts warm up, condensation forms and is left in the oils or collects in different parts of the engine and transmission and can corrode things over time. And, you really don't want the engine to sit and idle because it's just harder on things to run at low speeds for very long.

The battery may be ok with a charge, but I'd call the dealer and let them know what happened and that you are concerned about the battery and the DTC codes. Since you are in PA, you may not have a decent riding day for a while. So I'd be prepared for it to be in storage until the spring. I'd be sure the gas tank is full so you don't get condensation there too. And I'd put the battery tender on it every 10 days or so to keep the battery fully charged. If you get a nice day and can take it our for a ride longer than 20-30 minutes, that should be fine.

Paul

Old 01-13-2022, 07:40 PM
streetmaster56
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by pgreer
The first two are TPS1 and TPS2, third EFI Power Management Mode, 4th EFI Module Processor Internal Error / Watchdog Error, 5th Loss of continuous battery, 6th EFI Forced engine shutdown. All likely due to a discharged or weak battery.

If you don't ride the bike for more than a week or so, put it on a battery tender until it is fully charged. And don't start it occasionally. Starting an engine and not getting everything up to full operating temperature is doing more harm than good. As parts warm up, condensation forms and is left in the oils or collects in different parts of the engine and transmission and can corrode things over time. And, you really don't want the engine to sit and idle because it's just harder on things to run at low speeds for very long.

The battery may be ok with a charge, but I'd call the dealer and let them know what happened and that you are concerned about the battery and the DTC codes. Since you are in PA, you may not have a decent riding day for a while. So I'd be prepared for it to be in storage until the spring. I'd be sure the gas tank is full so you don't get condensation there too. And I'd put the battery tender on it every 10 days or so to keep the battery fully charged. If you get a nice day and can take it our for a ride longer than 20-30 minutes, that should be fine.

Paul
Yeah man, definitely appreciate the input, i had the bike on the tender for a while, seems to start right up now, was able to clear the codes and hopefully itll be good to go.

Old 06-05-2023, 09:00 AM
LowriderS CT
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by streetmaster56
Yeah man, definitely appreciate the input, i had the bike on the tender for a while, seems to start right up now, was able to clear the codes and hopefully itll be good to go.
I have all the same codes on my 21 LRS. The bike sounds like a weak battery and a rough start to follow with these codes. Was the battery your issue?

Last edited by LowriderS CT; 06-05-2023 at 09:02 AM.