Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Those who seen it all (No Start)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 07:36 AM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 306 Likes on 211 Posts

Delete

Old 11-15-2021, 09:40 AM
Moses110
Intermediate
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Zippers sells a thunder Max with preloaded tune specifically for what I have for a grand. I would definitely consider if I was certain I wouldn't still have same issue. It should at least fire or backfire. To me it seems to be firing when no compression in cyl. and exhaust smell and some puffs out ACR holes. Is this even possible?

Old 11-15-2021, 12:13 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 619 Posts

ok,,first off, Ed is one of the best people to listen to here,,,,especially for what you have going on....
if you are absolutely sure that your cam timing is correct,,,and you dont have something stupid like the injector wires or plug wires crossed...the issue is most likely in the tune Ed covered some of that for you.
double check that your injector harnesses are in the correct location. make sure your battery is all the way up also,,,just for the sake of it.
other than that Ed told you it starts in Open Loop, this is the truth...there are a bunch of tables just for start fuel, warm up fuel, crank timing and things like that.
i did not see that you posted the tuning product that you are using,,,,what is it? I would not go backwords and by the Tundermax, just me.
m
\

The following users liked this post:
FLTRI17 (11-15-2021)
Old 11-15-2021, 12:38 PM
Moses110
Intermediate

Thanks Marco, the dealership flashed into my stock computer after I paid a licensing fee for their Power Vision? The dyno tune was great, but I had a Woods lifter collapse and bent a valve. I wasn't going to pull it down now and not do what I planned on doing later later so here we are. Tonight I will go back over injector plugs to verify again and check the other plugs again as well. I will report back tonight or in the morning with results. Not above checking again with commitment, I can handle a dumbass mistake better than a issue that makes no sense. I'm sure the consensus is I did something wrong along the way, I hope that's the case but I really don't think so at this point after checking and rechecking. Thanks

Old 11-15-2021, 01:48 PM
Moses110
Intermediate

Just talked to HPI and their leaning towards the TSSM since this has a security system on it, they said it may spark at 1st then remove the spark if it's faulty or acting up. Along with you guys other suggestions of rechecking inj. plugs are on correct inj(s) and said to try unplugging the ACR's and spinning it over. Any insight on TSSM?

Old 11-15-2021, 02:06 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 971 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by Moses110
Just talked to HPI and their leaning towards the TSSM since this has a security system on it, they said it may spark at 1st then remove the spark if it's faulty or acting up. Along with you guys other suggestions of rechecking inj. plugs are on correct inj(s) and said to try unplugging the ACR's and spinning it over. Any insight on TSSM?
Sigh...

We can only help if you listen. Do you understand how to adjust your injector settings in your map? Have you swapped plug wires? Have you done anything anyone suggested before having someone who doesn't understand TSSM function tell you that your functioning TSSM suddenly doesn't work after you changed all the components and didn't map for them and continue to insist that it should start regardless just because you think it should??

Last edited by Ed Ramberger; 11-15-2021 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:16 PM
Moses110
Intermediate

That was Loud and Clear, Thanks. I will get back when I know more or what the issue was.

Old 11-15-2021, 05:00 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 619 Posts

just to add to mix.....did the dealer give you a copy of for licesense file. without that. and or tbe hardware. (the PowerVision unit) you are. it going to be a le to make tuning changes on your own. even to test.
m

Old 11-15-2021, 08:56 PM
Moses110
Intermediate

Originally Posted by marcodarq
just to add to mix.....did the dealer give you a copy of for licesense file. without that. and or tbe hardware. (the PowerVision unit) you are. it going to be a le to make tuning changes on your own. even to test.
m
Thanks Marc, I appreciate your input.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:59 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 971 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by marcodarq
m
Good point M - I thought he had the PowerVision, perhaps just has the tune. Would be a good time to buy the PV if not already avail.

Quick Reply: Those who seen it all (No Start)