Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Is it a difficult job to hook up the Digital Gas and Battery Gauge Combo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:51 PM
campdreamer47
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is it a difficult job to hook up the Digital Gas and Battery Gauge Combo?

Hi everyone another guestion for ya's. As anyone installed one of those digital gas/ battery gauge combo's on their ride? if so is it a easy job for a beginner? They claim it is easy...just splice or plug in a couple of wires. I have been eyeballing a real nice looking set of flush mount gas gauges that include the digital Gas/ battery gauge combo . Any help would be great[sm=biker.gif] .

Old 11-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Mattmedic1
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is it a difficult job to hook up the Digital Gas and Battery Gauge Combo?

I just installed the informer guage on my 2003 FLHRCI and love it. Easy to install! Took 10 min. Now I heard the 04 and up have an extra wire that needs to be hooked upto the speedo, but still easy. I would definetly get the matching cap if you get this setup. Really compliments the bike. Hope this helps.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:19 PM
campdreamer47
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Is it a difficult job to hook up the Digital Gas and Battery Gauge Combo?

Thanks Matt...I was beginning to wonder if I would even get a reply at all. It seems sometimes that a help question goes a long time with no response here. Maybe because of where one posts the question or something. Do you have a picture of your ride showing the gauges? You say it's only a matter of hooking up a couple of wires. Where do the wires run so you don't see them? I guess it explains some of my questions in the directions but I would like some info before I put out the money because I will most likely have to order them sight unseen. Plus I'm still waiting for my service manual. By the way where did you get your gauges?

Old 11-16-2005, 01:03 AM
Mattmedic1
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up paying more than a buddy of mine did simply because it was an impulse buy. You can get the set on ebay cheap! I paid 150 for the set, but it's about 40 -50 bucks less on ebay. As far as hooking it up, it's easy. There is a three wire harness that is under the right side (guage side) of the tank. Unplug the harness and release the wires from the harness or cut the wires then pull the stock guage straight up from your tank, don't twist. Once the wires are pulled through, fish the new wires from the new guage down through the tank like it says in the directions and line up the wires to the new connector with the supplied wire harness. The directions are very easy and if I try to explain it more on here, it may confuse you, I'm starting to run my words. Trust me, it's very easy. Now if you have the model that requires the grey wire to be spliced into the speedo, I haven't had to do that, my year bike didn't require it. Hope this helps. I'm at work so I can't upload pictures. Sorry.