Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dynojet / Engine Codes P0132 & P0152

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 12:20 AM
RiderX
Road Master
Received 301 Likes on 183 Posts
Default Dynojet / Engine Codes P0132 & P0152

I will try make this as short as possible. I have a 2019 CVO Street Glide and bought a set of D&D Billet Cats (2 into 1) and a PowerVision tuner back in February. I had the pipes installed by a shop and the same guy, who came highly recommended, tune my bike on the Dyno using my PowerVision. It was the middle of winter here so I trailered the bike to his shop and trailered it back home. Shortly after, I injured myself and did not have a chance to ride the bike until August.

On my first ride, which totaled about 3 hours, there was so much heat coming from the bike, it burned my calf through my pants to the point it caused blistering. I reached out to the guy who tuned it and he said to bring it in and he would take a look. After thinking about it, I decided not to take it back to him because I strongly believe the issue was caused by his bad tune. I reached out to Dynojet and they were extremely helpful. I sent them a copy of my current map and they made some adjustments which did completely resolve the heat issue. However, I am now getting engine codes P0132 and P0152 which is 'Engine running rich (front)' and 'Engine Running Rich (rear)'. I clear the codes but they come back after riding for about 5 minutes.

I reached back out to Dynojet and they said to take a look at the VE tables, look at the cells around the idle area, and make the VE the same as idle or a little lower in the lower RPM and throttle position. They also said, to check the Closed Loop folder and set the 'Closed Loop Minimum MAP' to 23 and the 'Closed Loop Minimum MAP Hysteresis' to 20.

I checked the VE tables and the settings they asked me to make are already around the same values that they are asking me to change. The current 'Closed Loop Minimum Map' value is 28 and the 'Closed Loop Minimum Map Hysteresis' value is 26. They are asking me to now set the 'Closed Loop Minimum Map' value to 23 and the 'Closed Loop Minimum Map Hysteresis' value to 20.

Does anyone know how changing the VE tables in the manner they requested and the closed loop values will help me with my engine running too rich? Can someone explain to me what these settings actually are?

Do I just need to take it to someone else and have Dyno'ed again or will changing the closed loop values do the trick?

Here is a current picture of my VE tables for my front and rear cylinder.

Here is an example of how Dynojet suggested I should change these tables.

(Example: Below idle is at 65 and the cells lower than idle are in the mid to high 70’s image 1, adjust to image 2)

Image 1

Image 2

Old 10-03-2021, 11:07 AM
Tozco
Road Captain
Received 245 Likes on 156 Posts

I can tell you that your engine may or may not be running too rich. You can also get these codes when your o2 sensors are getting out of range voltages. If the exhaust was changed, the o2 electrical connectors were disconnected and reconnected. If they aren't fully reconnected or are damaged in any way, they can cause the codes. Since the map is per recommendation, I would check out the electrical connectors to eliminate that as a possibility.

Old 10-03-2021, 09:33 PM
RiderX
Road Master
Received 301 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Tozco
I can tell you that your engine may or may not be running too rich. You can also get these codes when your o2 sensors are getting out of range voltages. If the exhaust was changed, the o2 electrical connectors were disconnected and reconnected. If they aren't fully reconnected or are damaged in any way, they can cause the codes. Since the map is per recommendation, I would check out the electrical connectors to eliminate that as a possibility.
Thank you for suggesting to check the O2 electrical connectors but I am sure that is the issue. If I load the previous map, the one that was completed by the Dyno guy back in February, there are no engine codes. However, with that map, the pipes get so hot they cause 2nd degree burns.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:57 PM
Rodent66
Cruiser
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I get the same codes on my 16 FXDB. I have a VH FP-3 tuner. The codes pertain to idle/low speed. If they persist I’m told to contact VH and they will give me the numbers to put in . I’m still in accumulation mode for the map. I was told to run a few tanks of fuel through first. Ride in all various speeds/conditions. Chances are the bike will run a little better after the low/slow speed area of map gets adjusted leaner than it is now.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:10 PM
Highclasshobo
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

I'd just run 3 or 4 Auto tunes, the powervision will put the VE exactly where it needs be. Any map provided DJ is just a starting point and fine tuning is still recommend. Autotune is the flagship feature of powervision and for good reason. Autotune really does work if you use it correctly...