Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

bike so hot afraid to ride it

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 09:05 AM
Jake Nova Scotia
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope that the fuel moto tune will be close and only require some autotune runs, maybe some adjustments for decel pop. The reason I bought it from them was the map support. I could have purchased it from a Canadian vendor for $125. less which in no way is a negative reflection on fuel moto but is due to exchange rate, duty fees & shipping. Here's hoping we're close 🤞

Old 06-05-2021, 11:17 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,464 Likes on 3,642 Posts

It should be close...

Old 06-09-2021, 08:42 PM
Jake Nova Scotia
Novice

Received Powervision from fuel moto and flashed their map. I must say my crazy heat issues seem to be resolved performance wise the map has really woke the bike up but I'm still dealing with much much decel pop. I tried quick tune and (in stages) increased decel fuel to +25 and decel timing +5. This helped but still not enough and The tuner will not let me go above these levels. I have read a post on here that others were able to make broader adjustments for example +7 for decel timing so I thought that perhaps I needed to be in Pro User mode instead of normal so in WinPV I went set up > options > user level > there is a drop down box but only option normal there is no option for Pro User

So, moving on from that , In WinPV I downloaded The map and incrementally started to manipulate the Decel Enleanment and after many revisions here are my first (from fuel moto) and final decel tables I still have some decel popping and occasional single pop when shifting

1. Should I be able to access Pro User level? will that give me more adjustability in quick tune?
2. Should I have been messing with decel table and do my number look ok?
3. When I go to do auto tune basic, should I return decel table figures to original numbers and should I go into quick tune and return decel fuel from +25 to 0 and decel timing from +5 to 0?

Thanks in advance

Old 06-10-2021, 04:44 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

First off make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks, cuz that will cause D cell popping as well.. next thing I would do is going to win PV with that map and take a look at your timing adjustments on the front and rear cylinders and look in the 20 and 30 map columns and see if they match what I have. you can adjust your timing to whatever you want. I have no D cell pop but I do have the occasional single pop between shifting that I can't get rid of either don't know how but I'm fine with that...

Old 06-10-2021, 06:06 AM
gtirhd
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Fuel Moto has a video on how to tune decelerations pop out.

also will. note, I am a happy Canadian Fuel Moto customer here. its worth the money

Old 06-10-2021, 07:26 AM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,212 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
First off make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks, cuz that will cause D cell popping as well.. next thing I would do is going to win PV with that map and take a look at your timing adjustments on the front and rear cylinders and look in the 20 and 30 map columns and see if they match what I have. you can adjust your timing to whatever you want. I have no D cell pop but I do have the occasional single pop between shifting that I can't get rid of either don't know how but I'm fine with that...
Interesting map...what do you idle at?

Last edited by 60Gunner; 06-10-2021 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:19 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

950 rpm...

Old 06-10-2021, 10:23 AM
Jake Nova Scotia
Novice

98hotrodfatboy
There are no exhaust leaks, earlier in the post I described how I retorqued exhaust flanges and checked with a barbecue lighter. Not satisfied with that, I removed exhaust and replaced gaskets at the head just to eliminate exhaust leaks as a variable, That's how I realized just how lean the bike was running by peering into the exhaust ports and seeing white.

gtirhd
The video you speak of is the procedure I described above. But my adjustability, in quick tune, is capped at +25 for fuel and +5 for advance. That is why I asked if others had the ability to switch between normal and pro user,.and if doing so gives more adjustability to quick tune.

" I tried quick tune and (in stages) increased decel fuel to +25 and decel timing +5. This helped but still not enough and The tuner will not let me go above these levels. I have read a post on here that others were able to make broader adjustments for example +7 for decel timing so I thought that perhaps I needed to be in Pro User mode instead of normal so in WinPV I went set up > options > user level > there is a drop down box but only option normal there is no option for Pro User"

Old 06-10-2021, 10:41 AM
Jake Nova Scotia
Novice

Any chance a WinPV user could hook their Power Vision unit to their computer, start WinPV software, go to set up > options > user level > there is a window labeled options.
across from user level there is the word normal in a drop down box. when you click the drop down box do you get the choice between normal or Pro user? Here is a picture of that window

Old 06-10-2021, 02:24 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,212 Likes on 904 Posts

You can run a LOT more advance in the decel areas of the map. Especially higher rpm.
Those decel enleanment numbers are ripped straight out of the SE Pro Super Tuner software for SE exhaust on a stage 2 1690, btw.
I don't get any decel popping anywhere but my timing is considerably different than 98HRFB's too and I get the feeling you can't make the necessary adjustments without FM?
Are you not able to choose a different exhaust like say race exhaust or something?

Too retarded of timing causes heat and the charge is burning after it's in the exhaust. Your pipes will glow red.

Last edited by 60Gunner; 06-10-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Quick Reply: bike so hot afraid to ride it