Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

bike so hot afraid to ride it

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 08:23 PM
Jake Nova Scotia
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks screaming beagle (great name)
thats the feedback I needed so I guess Im gonna be ordering a PV from them. but in the mean time (I'm in east coast Canada) I wonder if increasing my VE table numbers would richen things up or am I going down the wrong road?

Old 06-01-2021, 08:35 PM
Jake Nova Scotia
Novice

sorry for the double posts on my part and I think I was typing at the same time Crazylegs was answering my question
thanks for the input guys I really do appreciate the knowledge

Old 06-01-2021, 10:04 PM
Crazylegs
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m in Canada too and bought mine from fuel moto. I used to have it mounted on the bars for live readout and even things like temperature and live fuel mileage can be displayed. I can’t use it my 2021 bike since it won’t work with the new ecm and even if it did, my warranty would be void.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:24 PM
Jake Nova Scotia
Novice

That's a drag, perhaps in the future they'll update the firmware to work with your new ride. When that happens I think you could use it as an extra set of gauges like you did before I don't think it will flag yer ecm unless you flash a tune, then when warranty is up you could purchase a new license and flash away. but I'm not sure, this is just speculation

So how was fuelmoto to deal with? Screaming Beagle said they were great.. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna order one from them tomorrow but I assume it's gonna take a little while to get here. Sooooo in the mean time I was thinking of Just maxing out my VE tables on the street tuner I think that would richen things up a bit but I'm not sure. what do you think?

Last edited by Jake Nova Scotia; 06-01-2021 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-02-2021, 04:18 PM
Jake Nova Scotia
Novice

Pulled the trigger on a Power Vision from Fuel Moto today
I tried maxing out both of my Street Tuner VE tables and it helped a little bit with the heat but not enough and still decel popping like crazy so Power Vision it is.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:58 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,464 Likes on 3,642 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake Nova Scotia
Pulled the trigger on a Power Vision from Fuel Moto today
I tried maxing out both of my Street Tuner VE tables and it helped a little bit with the heat but not enough and still decel popping like crazy so Power Vision it is.
Congrats on the PV.. You won't be disappointed. I went to one this spring, I got it from Fuel Moto and my bike is running very well.. No heat issues and I went with headwork, compression and cams.. Here's a link to a thread I started on tuning if it helps...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-d...ng-charts.html

The following users liked this post:
Jake Nova Scotia (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 09:53 AM
Jake Nova Scotia
Novice

Thanks for the link, very much appreciated !

98hotrodfatboy (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 11:07 AM
Wmitz
Road Master
Received 187 Likes on 135 Posts

Take your time, watch the videos. For street tuning best if you mount the PV as high on the bars as you can, so that you can see the screen without moving your head around too much. I use longer sessions, to me it helps bring down the # of tuning runs. I am retuning my trike, it took me 3 runs to get the ve’s within 4%.

Old 06-03-2021, 11:28 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 30,883 Likes on 11,606 Posts

I’d take a different approach. Your exhaust is an unknown configuration. So, I’d get an unaltered exhaust, that/someone like Fuel Moto can give you a pretty close baseline map.

smitty901 (06-05-2021)
Old 06-05-2021, 05:20 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,464 Likes on 3,642 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
Congrats on the PV.. You won't be disappointed. I went to one this spring, I got it from Fuel Moto and my bike is running very well.. No heat issues and I went with headwork, compression and cams.. Here's a link to a thread I started on tuning if it helps...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-d...ng-charts.html
Keep in mind that No matter who supply's a tune you will still need to auto tune and even adjust the timing tables..

Quick Reply: bike so hot afraid to ride it