Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SE Tuner and 2 into 1 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 08:51 PM
Guyonaglide
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SE Tuner and 2 into 1 exhaust

Was talking On the phone with my local dealer I’ll be using for service; had a question about using an SE tuner with a full exhaust system and will the tuner be able to “handle” the exhaust. I have a 2 into 1 with no cat about to go on. I know that the exhaust may or may not cause warranty issues but I don’t want the ecm flagged from using an aftermarket tuner. I’m shying away from aftermarket cam and associated parts. May go with an SE torque cam eventually. Does anyone run an SE tuner with a 2-1 and have success with getting a little change for the better? Does this question make sense?
btw this is on a 2020 street glide 107. Sorry.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:58 PM
Slingshot383
Road Master
Received 447 Likes on 321 Posts

There won't be a canned tune for that, but you should be able to get close doing the recording runs. With the Pro Street Tuner, it will not be a 10/10ths tune, but it will be close.

Old 05-19-2021, 10:34 PM
Mona Martin
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a Rinehart 2 into 1 complete exhaust system on a 2021 Heritage Classic 114. The dealer used the SE Pro Street Tuner and whatever map is on it. Performance isn't great. No low-end torque. The engine runs too lean, lots of backfiring and popping on deceleration and it runs really hot! I'm trying to figure out how to custom tune the bike now without the dyno. Rinehart told me to "max out the fuel table", but I'm not really sure what that means. Sorry I got the 2 into 1 exhaust. Should have stuck with
2 into 2. Hope that helps.

Old 05-22-2021, 04:31 PM
60Gunner
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,212 Likes on 904 Posts

That street tuner is a waste of $$$. You have a choice. A properly tuned, good running engine or warranty. Your choice.
Personally I'd take a propely tuned, smooth running engine any day. Even with the stock exhaust it needs a proper tune.

The following users liked this post:
Guyonaglide (05-22-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 04:44 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 619 Posts

if all you are doing is a pipe the SEProStreet Tuner will get it pretty close, assuming that the dealer you are working with has a dyno guy that can actually tune your bike, as opposed to just installing a "canned" map for the software selection. It wont be the best that it can be, but it should be ok. A canned map probably wont be good. The SE Tuner has EPA limitations, hence the reason why it wont void your warranty. You can try it, but if you're not happy you are going to be in the position of do you want a bike that runs right or do you want a warranty.
m

The following users liked this post:
Guyonaglide (05-22-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 07:32 PM
Guyonaglide
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
That street tuner is a waste of $$$. You have a choice. A properly tuned, good running engine or warranty. Your choice.
Personally I'd take a propely tuned, smooth running engine any day. Even with the stock exhaust it needs a proper tune.
Originally Posted by marcodarq
if all you are doing is a pipe the SEProStreet Tuner will get it pretty close, assuming that the dealer you are working with has a dyno guy that can actually tune your bike, as opposed to just installing a "canned" map for the software selection. It wont be the best that it can be, but it should be ok. A canned map probably wont be good. The SE Tuner has EPA limitations, hence the reason why it wont void your warranty. You can try it, but if you're not happy you are going to be in the position of do you want a bike that runs right or do you want a warranty.
m

yeah so all that being said we are skipping the warranty lol.

Old 05-22-2021, 08:28 PM
Mona Martin
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 60Gunner
As I discovered after wasting $300! The dealer only installed the map. I complained that the engine was running too hot (lean) and performance was not good. So,
they reinstalled the map. I don't care about the warranty. I want the bike to run right. Unfortunately there is no other tuner available for the 2021 Heritage Classic 114 - including from HD.

Old 05-22-2021, 08:32 PM
Mona Martin
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Guyonaglide
yeah so all that being said we are skipping the warranty lol.
I don't care about the warranty. The HD warranty isn't really worth worrying about anyway. At least not with one of the dealers here in NM

Old 05-22-2021, 08:44 PM
Mona Martin
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Guyonaglide
Was talking On the phone with my local dealer I’ll be using for service; had a question about using an SE tuner with a full exhaust system and will the tuner be able to “handle” the exhaust. I have a 2 into 1 with no cat about to go on. I know that the exhaust may or may not cause warranty issues but I don’t want the ecm flagged from using an aftermarket tuner. I’m shying away from aftermarket cam and associated parts. May go with an SE torque cam eventually. Does anyone run an SE tuner with a 2-1 and have success with getting a little change for the better? Does this question make sense?
btw this is on a 2020 street glide 107. Sorry.
Put a Rinehart 2 into 1 exhaust system on my 2021 Heritage Classic 114. The SE Pro Street Tuner is worthless. The bike runs super hot and there's no low-end torque. Now I get to wait until an aftermarket company comes out with a tuner for the 2021 114. There aren't any yet. There are lots of tuners out there for your engine. If I had known...
I have to pay $$$ to have the bike put on a Dyno with that tuner & hope the Dyno guy can do something.

Old 05-23-2021, 09:19 AM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 619 Posts

Techno Research has a setup to tune the 21's with their Direct Link system.
m

The following 2 users liked this post by marcodarq:
Mona Martin (05-23-2021), porkster (05-24-2021)

Quick Reply: SE Tuner and 2 into 1 exhaust