Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT Map to Revert to Factory Settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:02 AM
300potato
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT Map to Revert to Factory Settings

My SERT came in yesterday so I installed my Stage 1 air filter kit and D&D pipes and downloaded the appropriate map (can't remember which one) and I am impressed! Can't wait until I can get it tweaked on the dyno. Anyway, if I wanted to reload the factory maps, is there any way to do it? My plans were to upload the factory maps, save them to a file, then download the new maps. I thought there would be a way to upload the current ECM configuration with the tuner software but I only saw the download option. So I threw caution to the wind and did the download. Can I ever go back?
07 Softail Custom FXSTC

Old 08-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Wags1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SERT Map to Revert to Factory Settings

As you have found out, there is no way to pull an existing configuration off of the ECM. It is one way only, download TO the ECM. That said, you really do not want to go back to a stock calibration file anyway now that you have installed your A/C and pipes. You should stick with the calibration file that you selected from the canned calibration files provided with the SERT and use that as your base line.