Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thundermax Autotune Install - Help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:07 AM
trusty1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thundermax Autotune Install - Help please

Hi everyone

I am halfway throughthe install of TMAT on my 07 DynaFXDC,and am having trouble with the front O2 sensor. Instructions (Zippers & HD Service Manual) are vague about removing front sensor from bike following removal from bung. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. At the moment I have everything unlugged and the TMAT in the caddy ready to reinstall, apart from the front O2 sensor.

Thanks in advance.

I have the K&N 3909 A/C done and Python 2 into 1 ready to go on once TMAT is done.

T1

Old 07-31-2007, 08:40 AM
Arcane
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thundermax Autotune Install - Help please

Hello trusty1;
The o2 sensor wire plugs in to the wiring harness. The connector is inside the plastic caddy that is behind the regulator. Just follow the wire from the o2 sensor to the caddy. Remove the regulator and you can access the caddy and the connectors that are inside. After you unplug the sensor, cap the connector with the provided plastic covers or electrical tapethen reassemble the caddy and remount the regulator.

Good luck with it.
Arcane

Old 07-31-2007, 05:23 PM
trusty1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thundermax Autotune Install - Help please

Hi Arcane

Thanks mate, this is what I was after. It's 8am here and I have just started work (hard at it) and will have another crack at it this afternoon when I get home and let you know how I get on.

You know what it's like when your package turns up, I was like a kid in a candy shop. Read it all once and stright into it. I took my service manual and the instructions from Zippers to bed (the wife was already cranky about time spent in the garage so I had some time on my hands) and read everything again and again and it was a bit clearer. Not asclear as your description, though.

Thanks for the response.

trusty1

ORIGINAL: Arcane

Hello trusty1;
The o2 sensor wire plugs in to the wiring harness. The connector is inside the plastic caddy that is behind the regulator. Just follow the wire from the o2 sensor to the caddy. Remove the regulator and you can access the caddy and the connectors that are inside. After you unplug the sensor, cap the connector with the provided plastic covers or electrical tapethen reassemble the caddy and remount the regulator.

Good luck with it.
Arcane