Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:29 AM
baldjohnny
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1

Finished putting the Fatcat's (standard baffle), Big Sucker & T-Max on the bike, pleased that's over with and apparently done right! Rode it this weekend, the Fatcat sound is distinctive, I like it. And when it's all said and done, I'm the only one that matters, right? The bike runs much cooler,before the modsI could put my feet up on the guards and it felt like I was roasting chestnutsover an open fire. Doing the changes, particularly the T-Max (yeah, more expensive, but seems to be a good choice then and now) was for the engine heat, running that hot cannot be good over the long haul, no matter what kind of premium lubrication you use.

Only issues I have are a few "burbles" when I roll off the throttle quickly,but I believe thereis plenty of posts that cover it and the fixes done to eliminate them. I want to ride it for awhile to seem how much it tunes out before I start dicking with it.

Just wanted to say, I'm one happyrider now! Had to short shift coming out of the neighborhood at 0530 this morning, but I did it with a big a*s smile. Thanks to Bart for the great deals and for taking the time to work all this out with me. I wished I lived closer so I could say thanks in person, but then I'd have to talkwitha southern accent, us yankees have a hard time with that

'07 FLHTC

Old 07-30-2007, 12:37 PM
purple haze
Road Master
Default RE: Stage 1

WELL BALD JOHNNY even if you are a yankee I like you for buying the D&D FAT CAT! They are made a few miles from me in FT.WORTH TX. and I have D&D BOARZZILLAS, they have performance baffle in them and neighbors hate my tattoed guts! But I really try to keep off of it but I have a lot of older retired people in my hood, also it is a HARLEY! Oh my god!!! But I lived hear 12 years and they still bitched about something, one guy did not like the height I cut my grass!! But the 2 in 1 header will pop a little when you get off gas fast, just as long that it is not hic-uping on you when you give it gas, I love to run thru gears on high side, the sound is WICKED and I set off car alarms, (COOL) but even my S.R.T. has headers, X-PIPE, MAGNAFLOW BULLET mufflers and when I back off gas it will burble, sounds good to me, but I bet you picked up more H.P & Tourqe, and mine are allmost 2 years old and still look brand new! GOOD LUCK! PURPLE HAZE.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/4061C8008DA140E7BB8DB616219BBBA3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-30-2007, 12:52 PM
baldjohnny
Cruiser

That's a sweet ride there, a proud man you must be! It's more like a burbling noise, I haven't had any "pops" to speak of, so it's way down on my priority list! They do have a nice rasp to them, especially when you lean into it a bit. Music to my ears, but not so loud I can't hear the radio. We have an older couple across the street who we call "Gladys and Abner" (like the busybodies on Bewitched, if you go back that far), if anybody pitches a bitch, it'll be them.

Thanks for the reply, we might get down that way one of these days. I have a brother who's a "resident" at Littlefield, we saw him down in Spur in April. Lubbock was a nice place, but Spur... That was a Texas Chainsaw locale if I ever saw one! Hope you don't live there and I've offended you, but definitely a place I carried a "friend" with me.

Take care Mr. Purple Haze! I'll watch for you and that sharpbike if we make it down your way.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:07 PM
purple haze
Road Master

THANKS for the comps!! And I live in the D.F.W. area, millions of people! Spur is O.K. just got to get to know them, I'M from down south east TEXAS, GALVESTON, I really miss it but not the salt! I work for S.B.C. (AT&T) 25yrs and they have moved me 5 times, but at least still in TEXAS, but watch out for a town called CUT N SHOOT, they are hard -core, love to party and do all kinds of crazy stuff, but O.K. once you get to know them. Be SAFE and GOOD LUCK PURPLE HAZE.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/2600E8BDBBA3404F9B9E222BC9CA774B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-31-2007, 07:16 AM
baldjohnny
Cruiser

We drove down to visit him when he was a resident in Newton, on the east side of Texas. Much different from the west end, actually have some trees there instead of dirt! That was one of our favorite areas we drove through, the Big Piney's. That is a very nice area, we were doing the car thing since we had a puppy with us, but that would be a sweet ride on a bike. I don't know what people do for work in those areas, but somebody's got money, some of those homes along the way....

Hopefully soon he'll not be a "resident" of Texas, and if we travel down your way, it'll be for pleasure instead of business. Take our time and check out some of the scenery. We did make it to a Ruby's BBQ joint, now that's some good chow!