Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Changed spark plugs, rode, next day no start

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 11:16 AM
Sdak605
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MyFavRk
Sdak , your bike comes equipped with an IAC valve , get yourself some throttle body cleaner and give it a good cleaning . Place a rag inside the throttle body first to catch all the Cr** and spray it into the IAC , they have a tendency to get gummed up and dirty and will cause what sounds like your issue . You'll notice when you turn the ignition on / off it will cycle open and closed . There are plenty of video's out there that explain how to do it , simple enough .

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...CTION%20MODULE

Also , have you checked for Codes , might help lead you in the right direction .
RK,
thanks for the suggestion, i will definitely look into that and probably give it a shot...something along this has came across my mind as some kind of issue, maybe involving fuel lines somewhere or something like that.
i have checked codes, but unfortunately the only thing that comes up is a code for an existing turn signal issue that has been present for a little while now ...i'm a little lazy sometimes when it comes to my bikes, but i'm trying to be more diligent. i think thats part of the reason i joined the forum. thanks again for the help!