Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

FXSTDI won't fire

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 11:49 PM
Helmbo
Stage II
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Angry FXSTDI won't fire

I have a 2005 Deuce that doesn’t start. The bike is all stock except for the air cleaner and Vance and Hines exhaust.

The bike had sat sat for two or three years. I had a guy interested in buying it so I installed a new battery and it fired right up. I let the bike idle for a while but it sputtered out and died. After that it won’t start. I replaced the plugs and wires to no luck. When I test for spark it is there.

I am sure this all stems from bad fuel. I drained the tank and cleaned it out. After putting new fuel in it still wouldn’t start. I sprayed some staring fluid by the air cleaner and it fires up and runs for a few seconds or so. After doing that I replaced the fuel filter, pump, and injectors. It still doesn’t start.

I have disconnected the the fuel line at the fuel rail and when the pump runs there seems to be plenty of fuel coming out of the hose though I can’t say for sure how much pressure is there.

I am at a loss as what to check or try next. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.