Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

2007 Street bob starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 02:51 PM
fsousa99
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Street bob starting problems

Hello everyone, I hope everything is fine with you. If it were possible, I would like to ask you for help with a problem I have had with my 2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob. It starts without problems if it is cold, but if it is hot, it has problems and last week I had to call a tow truck because she refused to work when I went to fill the tank (I thought that since she had been riding less than 3kms she would be cold and would get her to start). I have had, for some time, the error p0118, which according to my mechanic, it was necessary to replace the engine temperature sensor, but that day also the error p0373 appeared, both parts were replaced and according to the mechanic everything was fine, without problems. I get home and surprise - everything is the same. Refuses to pick up and with no error displayed. During the journey nome (+/- 26kms) it seemed to me that it was still the same, the iddle was always going up and the engine accelerating, Life IT é as usual before the replacement of the parts. I am starting to get desperate and because I like the bike and I can't think of selling it, much less knowing that it has this malfunction, if you could help me we would appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance to everyone

Old 02-26-2020, 04:20 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

You should check the grounding connections on the bike and clean them up. Multiple sensors giving errors is a sign that the ground to the ECM is not getting a good signal.