Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Won’t start !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 01:15 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

Also, don't listen to that fool that told you to throw away a $800 ECM with wide band O2 sensors. It's the only tuning system with wideband sensors and no piggyback pieces.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:28 PM
Jordan Stephens
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
Also, don't listen to that fool that told you to throw away a $800 ECM with wide band O2 sensors. It's the only tuning system with wideband sensors and no piggyback pieces.
I would never throw it away lol I’ve already connected it to my pc with a thunder max tech on the phone and he said to send it in .. that’s only way he can tell if something is wrong with it .. FYI brake cleaner is flammable so anything like that would start the bike .. what should compression be I can test it tommorow

Old 02-17-2020, 08:43 PM
Rick17FLH
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordan Stephens
I would never throw it away lol I’ve already connected it to my pc with a thunder max tech on the phone and he said to send it in .. that’s only way he can tell if something is wrong with it .. FYI brake cleaner is flammable so anything like that would start the bike .. what should compression be I can test it tommorow
Anything over 90 psi is considered acceptable, 145 - 165 psi is considered excellent for a stock motor. The cylinders should not differ by more than 10%.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:17 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,089 Likes on 2,043 Posts

A guy that works for a machine shop.that we do business with bought an 07 street glide from an auction. He was trying to get it started and one day he had stopped in to pick up some stuff we had made for them. We start talking bikes and he tells what he got and that he did a compression test and had 20 on one cylinder and 12 on the other...definitely not good. Told him sounded like bent valves, bad lifters ,no oil...just told him it could be a any number of things. I said you won't know until you start taking it apart. He pulls the pushrod tubes and no pushrods. Then he pulls the cam cover...no cam plate, no cams, no pump ...nothing empty like a blonde polish girls head. It was a repo so the p.o. must have had cams and nice pump and plate in it so he pulled it before it got repo'd. He replaced all that and I told him that he might want to pull the primary cover...derby cover at the very least...gotta change fluids before you even start it I told him. Luckily that side was still intact. But just goes to show what some people will do.

The following users liked this post:
porkster (02-19-2020)