Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Is there a map available from SE pro street tuner with V&H power duals and exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 03:37 PM
2007SGT
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is there a map available from SE pro street tuner with V&H power duals and exhaust ?

Was just told by harley service that it only works with SE exhaust. Seems weird

i got the SE heavy breather with SE255 cams and V&H slip ons. they used the tuner. Now I got the power duals and wanted a new map downloaded.

Should I look for another tuner or is it true?
flhxxx

Old 02-08-2020, 04:17 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 619 Posts

Harlely probably wont have a a pre-built calibration for a pipe with no cat in it, but if you take the bike to a reputable and qualified tuner they should still be able to get the bike tuned, however it wont be as good as if you used a different tuning product. the SE "Street Tuner" series of tuners lock you out of a lot of capabilities in order to keep it EPA legal. other aftermarket tuners do not have this limitation, but there are risks of being in violation of emission control laws. if you are not concerned about these risks, get a Powervision or a TTS Master Tune unit and take it to a dyno shop and get it dialed up.
m

The following users liked this post:
Ed Ramberger (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 11:44 PM
2007SGT
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info, the tech said I should get a power vision tuner, but not convinced the SEPST unusable.

The following users liked this post:
the jacobite (12-04-2021)
Old 02-22-2020, 04:35 PM
panck
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007SGT
Thanks for the info, the tech said I should get a power vision tuner, but not convinced the SEPST unusable.
Yes you need to re-tune but Don't listen Tech as looks like he want to push you to buy PV. With Pro street tuner you will be able tune bike for this pipes.

Old 02-23-2020, 01:37 AM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member

Sorry to inform you, but you are incorrect, panck. While it is true that the bike can be made to run with the SEPST, the !imitations of the product wil NOT provide as good a tune as with a Tts or a PV, and that is just a plain and well known fact.
m

Old 02-23-2020, 03:53 AM
panck
Advanced

I think you forgot about few fact.
1. Map is for Stage 1
2. Base map for Super tuner Pro and Pro Street tuner is exactly same.
3. With Pro Street tuner Pro yes normally AFR is locked but you have other parameters which can be change it.
(VE table, Timing, Throttle Progressivity, Spark Advance)
All setting above can create good map for stage 1

And yes TTS and PV have much more settings than SEPT/SEPT but this is Stage 1 only.

I'm not sure if you are aware but some block from JAPAN find the way to create map for SEPST. He can adjust everything same as with SEPT.

Last edited by panck; 02-23-2020 at 04:35 AM.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:45 AM
panck
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2007SGT
Was just told by harley service that it only works with SE exhaust. Seems weird

i got the SE heavy breather with SE255 cams and V&H slip ons. they used the tuner. Now I got the power duals and wanted a new map downloaded.

Should I look for another tuner or is it true?
flhxxx
Send me full spec of your bike incl Year / Model / Engine

Old 02-23-2020, 09:45 AM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member

Just how many bikes have you tuned with the SEPST? Road tuned or on the dyno? You yourself as the tuner?
or any other tuning product and method.
m

Old 02-23-2020, 02:09 PM
panck
Advanced

I didn't replay here to arguing with you or checking who is doing what. Person above ask for help so lets help him.
Do you have any map for his configuration ?? Can be for SEPT, TTS, PV or Maximus. If yes we will create map for him which can be used with
Pro Street Tuner.

This is his spec
flhxxx
se255cams
se heavy breather af
V&h powerdulas with blackout rounds slipons

Last edited by panck; 02-23-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:22 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member

I am try.ing to confirm whether or not YOU have the experience and or knowledge to help the OP, there many here that do not have it. I do not have a map than can help him as i have never tuned a bike in this configuration with 255 cams. Even if i did have one it would be irresponsible of me to provide him with it without saying that it would only be a starting point for further fine tuning, not a finished product. Why dont you take a few minutes and look through the TTS Calibration files and see if there is something there, indont think there will be for his pipe. Anything found is just a start.
m

Quick Reply: Is there a map available from SE pro street tuner with V&H power duals and exhaust ?