Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

In need of a closer SERT map!! Or time saving advice!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:47 AM
arachman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of a closer SERT map!! Or time saving advice!

I really need some help please. On Tuesday we start dyno tunning and me and my mechanic have never used the SERT. The local shops don't have dynos and the shop that does is a buddy who is a mechanic that understands all the terms in the SERT and says he can tune it but it would sure be good if i could save a day or two of tunning by getting a map that is close. I have an 05 Softail Deluxe. I am using the map that came with the tuner but am running lean on some areas of the AFR table.

I have...

High flow 290 CFM ported and polished heads
57mm Kuryakn throttle body, using the stock injectors,
K&N SE Stage 1 Air cleaner
95"
Woods 256-650 cam.
hooker 2-2 step tuned long pipe.

I was wondering if there would be any problems using the 103" maps on the Sert CD on my bike?
When running the bike on the dyno it shows I have a AFR that is pretty weird. It is kind of fat at the begining and the end but when cruising i am too lean. So any ideas or good maps would be greatly appreciated.

BTW as it sits now i have 98.9 horsr and 100.1 ft.llbs. of torque, with tuning i should be greatly improved!?