Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

anyone (self)installed a efi race tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 12:11 AM
R Horn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anyone (self)installed a efi race tuner?

JW
Please post the number he was refering to. Maybe we can get a few poeple to do the same se what years there are using what numbers on.

PS: is your SERT there "D" version 32107-01D??

Rich

Old 11-02-2005, 10:44 PM
JW
Road Captain

I'm taking in the bike tomorrow so I should have the facts by tomorrow evening.

When I talked to the other dealers tech he asked for the number on the sert box that number is 32107-01D that number jives what concerned him was the number on the black box that ID's the bike and will only let it access that bike. the number on it accoriding to him is an old part, not used just old.

Anyway the part of the number is the suffix ie. -01A as part of the total number on the black box (32114-01A-SUBA) But keep in mind this is all theory, and over the phone. the potential for this latest info to be bogus cannot be ignored.

I'll find the truth tomorrow

Old 11-03-2005, 01:54 AM
R Horn
Cruiser

I know your suffering but hang in there.
I assume after you get the "no response was recieved from the ALDL adapter" msg you clicked okay then clicked on the com port tab then tried any available shown com port as an option a try. Thats pretty much all you can do there.

Here is an interesting item that could shed some lite on the problem.

H-D® also eliminated a communications link between the engine control module (ECM) and diagnostic connector. Our new installation kits include a jumper wire that reestablishes the missing communications link and allows our PC link cable to function properly.

This came http://www.daytona-twintec.com/tech_tcfi.html

Has anyone got an 06 service manual??
I want to know about the 4 pins that go to the data link connector

Data Conector Pin 1 and ECM Pin 1 (ALDL & Flash)
Data Conector Pin 2 and ECM Pin 10 and/or 28 (ground)
Data Conector Pin 3 and ECM Pin 5 (Serial data Link)
Data Conector Pin 4 and Ignition Power

If someone can check an 06 wiring diagram please. maybe scan it?

Rich

Old 11-05-2005, 09:59 PM
JW
Road Captain

heh I dont know about suffering. Ok took the bike in, they installed the tuner, the tech took the bike out several times. came out and said there was a flat spot he trying to git rid of. Aparently he did it, the bike runs great. I havent tried to hook up my puter to the bike to see if it will link up. I have a feeling it will now. But .....Ive been wrong before[8D]

Old 11-21-2005, 12:32 AM
bikered
2nd Gear

I have a 04 flh and instaled pipes and air cleaner. I flashed the computer with a can mapping from the race tuner and the differents it made. Next is a big bore kit and I'll flash it again with a can mapping and adjust from there

Old 11-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Wolfx
Road Captain

While I truely appreciate the work and trouble you all are going thru, this thread has convinced me to go with a PC and Dyno tune.
I dont mind tinkering and doing things myself, but these days I dont have the patients to go thru this kind of hassle. I think raising 2 teenage girls has had something to do with my lack of interest in doing anything but RIDING!!!

Have my appointment on Dec 2nd and will post the run graphs if I can come across a scanner, or figure out some way to get them on the computer. I have been told to expect almost a 20 percent gain in HP/Torque, so wee shall see soon enough.

Old 11-24-2005, 11:27 PM
JW
Road Captain

hey Ed,

Dont let my experience put you off the SERT, my problem was a service dept that has a policy against phone diagnostics. Since Ive talked to a few of my fellow hog members and they say that service manager ummmm well he's difficult. Once installed and $139 removed the bike runs great. When I have to have the bike retuned after some changes I'll be taking the bike to the service dept that did find the precious 3 minutes to explain why the bike had to be brought in. (plus they have a dyno) Happy with the product, the service experience lost my business there.