Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

No response from scanalyzer

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 03:50 PM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts
Default No response from scanalyzer

1998 FLHTCUI

The scanalyzer hasn’t worked in about a year...has said NO RESPONSE. I went by the book. Here is what I found....

Data link pinout 1 which is Receive Data....showing 11.40 volts. It is suppose to be between 5-6 volts. Pinout on ECM is 10.

Data link pinout 3 which is Transmit Data....showing 11.40 volts. This one is correct. Pinout on ECM is 15.

The bike runs great with no check engine light....I just want to get the scanalyzer working again.

Ideas or anyone else run into this problem? Thanks

Old 07-27-2019, 03:53 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 619 Posts

i have one that is intermittent with the no response bit, sometimes it's the cable. i've tried the same software cartridge in 2 different scan tool units with different cables, i'm beginning to think that maybe my cartridge is damaged or somehow corrupted.
m

Old 07-27-2019, 04:09 PM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by marcodarq
i have one that is intermittent with the no response bit, sometimes it's the cable. i've tried the same software cartridge in 2 different scan tool units with different cables, i'm beginning to think that maybe my cartridge is damaged or somehow corrupted.
m
I’ve used it in a 2010 model and it worked fine.

Have both 41325-95b and 41325-95c....
Have the adapter 45208 that was supposedly needed with the Magneti Marreli system.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:52 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 971 Likes on 671 Posts

FYI - there is a special adapter that goes the between scanalyzer and the bike for the MM systems. If you are plugging the scanalyzer in w/o it, it will be hit and miss on communication. HD-45208 is the PN. I have had people send me their ECMs to flash because they couldn't get it.

Many talked for years when everything was all good and new, then as time went by wouldn't talk w/o the adapter. Also sometimes keeping a charger on the bike when trying to connect sometimes helped.

Last edited by Ed Ramberger; 07-27-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:13 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 619 Posts

good to know, thanks Ed,
my issues with my scanalyzer are with the delphi stuff.....i dont know, and only care about it cause i'm just stupid about this kind of stuff, most of the time i use my Solus or my Centurion for the real work. some things just were quicker and easier with the old tool for me.
m

The following users liked this post:
Ed Ramberger (07-27-2019)