Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

V&H Code Reader #66035

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 08:57 AM
Las Vegas Jim
Supporter
Received 228 Likes on 149 Posts
Question V&H Code Reader #66035

I have a new 2019 Softail Low Rider. I plan to keep it stock for at least a year because I don't like the HD Pro Tuner and using the V&H FP3 definitely voids the warranty. But, I miss the FP3 I had on my previous bike. It allowed me to read and clear engine warning codes and avoid expensive trips to the dealer to correct and clear most warning codes. I also liked the ability to monitor certain engine performance metrics over my iPhone while riding. Considering using a V&H Code Reader (Part #66035) as an interim step until I do a Stage 1 upgrade with a V&H FP3. Just one use will more than pay for the device if it avoids a trip to the dealer.

So, here is my question. Does the use of a V&H Code Reader have any impact on the warranty. I suspect not because it doesn't flash the ECM, but I would like to be certain before installing one? Will appreciate all feed back from owners who have used the Code Reader.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:03 AM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 306 Likes on 211 Posts

Shouldn’t have any affect on warranty. But, why do you need another device to read and clear codes? It can all be done through the bikes speedometer.
https://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-29661-...ble-codes.html

Last edited by jbarr1; 07-10-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:21 AM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Las Vegas Jim
I have a new 2019 Softail Low Rider. I plan to keep it stock for at least a year because I don't like the HD Pro Tuner and using the V&H FP3 definitely voids the warranty. But, I miss the FP3 I had on my previous bike. It allowed me to read and clear engine warning codes and avoid expensive trips to the dealer to correct and clear most warning codes. I also liked the ability to monitor certain engine performance metrics over my iPhone while riding. Considering using a V&H Code Reader (Part #66035) as an interim step until I do a Stage 1 upgrade with a V&H FP3. Just one use will more than pay for the device if it avoids a trip to the dealer.

So, here is my question. Does the use of a V&H Code Reader have any impact on the warranty. I suspect not because it doesn't flash the ECM, but I would like to be certain before installing one? Will appreciate all feed back from owners who have used the Code Reader.
Hey Jim!

The Code: REaD does not flash the ECM, so it does not void the warranty. In my mind the reading and clearing codes is nice, but having access to the Live Data screen while riding is the true benefit of the device.

Bryan

Old 07-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Las Vegas Jim
Supporter

I agree! This is the primary reason I want the device. But, clearing the codes is much simpler through a V&H device. You make great products, and I look forward to the day I can use your products to do my Stage 1 upgrade and get back to having access to your exceptional level of service.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Las Vegas Jim
Supporter

Bryan, good to hear from you again. Two questions:
1. Does the Code Read device use the same iPhone app as the FP3?
2. Can it be left connected to the bike the same as the FP3?