Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.
View Poll Results: Is this how to get Need Help
Anyone
0%
Someone
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Start but dies in a few second and dies

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 01:11 PM
Master Dee
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Start but dies in a few second and dies

Good afternoon. I am new here and I saw a posting similar to this but can't find it again. I tried to post or reply to it on yesterday. I have a 06 Street Glide FLHX with about 64000 mile. This my problem the bike was running fine and all I did was added fuel when the tank was just above 1/4 full. I rode the bike after I added the fuel for about 10 miles. Then I parked the bike in my garage and about 3 or 4 hours later , I started it back up and it seem to be miss firing and running real bad. I tried riding but it just stalled and cut off. My first thought was the gas was bad so I drained it out using the fuel pump. I did this by turning the ignition switch on/off. Once I had the gas all out I put fresh gas in it and tried to start it but the problem was still there. Then I had a friend that works on bikes to come over and check it out. We did a diagnostic check and found several codes: P0122, P0373, P0374, P1353, P1356. We decided it had a bad CKP sensor which I replaced and I changed the spark plugs. However that didn't solve my problem. I have since tried the thing suggested with checking all the fuses, the fuel pump is working , I disconnected the ECM and TSM to see if it would reset. I have notice that there isn't any codes showing up when I do the diagnostic check. The bike seem to run great for about 30 seconds then it back fires and cut off unless I keep the throttle wide open. The battery is fully charged. So do anyone has a clue what is wrong . I am just trying to have some idea before I take it to the Harley shop. Thanks in advance for your responses.