Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Tech lusion? module......

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 03:03 PM
05roadking
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech lusion? module......

Hey guys I am just wondering if you guys have heard of a tech lusion(sp.?) module? one of the dealers said that it is better than re-mapping, because it is adjustable if you ever want to modify your bike later on down the line. He said that there are lean spots throughout the rpm range and that this module levels them all out! just want to know if anyone is familiar with this technology? thanks in advance!

Old 01-28-2005, 03:17 PM
skyking
Tourer
Default RE: Tech lusion? module......

I'm familiar with the device. I had one on my 2002 BMW R1150RT. Essentially, what the unit does, is add fuel to help cure a too lean condition common in some fuel injected motorcycles. My BMW was so lean between 2500 and 4000 rpm, that it would surge. The unit cost me around $200. I installed it in about an hour and set it up with a digital voltmeter. It worked very well. Techlusion has a web site. I think it is www.techlusion.com. There's a better explanation of how it works there. I am a bit curious as to why you would need one. My 05 RK classic will be delivered next week, but the 04 I rented a while back was spot-on as far as the fuel injection was concerned. Very smooth all through the rev range.

Rick

Old 01-28-2005, 03:44 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mean to replace remapping? I wonder if it has the capability to handle any dramatic changes with the mod pipes, air cleaner, etc.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:40 PM
jcc/tx
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I understand it correctly, the techlushion device can only enrich the mixture; whereas, the more expensive PCIII can enrich or lean with its own mapping.

Old 01-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Iceman
Tourer

i have never had one. i will say this though;
in sportbike circles ( the ones i am familiar with) the techlusion box is considered junk. may be different for harleys, but i dont know. i have the pciii usb on my 04 rk classic, and i have had zero problems. i would certainly do some research before buying either....

Old 01-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Roadking I might be wrong but I also think that the spark signal's need to be changed also, I think that the remap from Harley or the power commander does that, someone chime in if I am wrong on that.

Old 01-29-2005, 12:19 AM
05roadking
Cruiser

yeah I am a littlle afraid of this thing, I would imagine you would have to remap still, with the rineharts and high flow filter definantly need more fuel as well......I think I will probably go with the dealer who was going to do the remap! but now I am waiting for him to call back and see if he is going to throw in a Jacket for me!!! the other guy beat him by $500 so I told him if he threw in a jacket for me than I would go with him!! $500 in my pocket is better than $500 in theirs!!! [sm=exactly.gif] I love wheelin' and deelin' now that I know I am already approved!

Old 01-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Techlusions is the equivalent to Power Commander, both of which are added to bikes that have non-programable fuel system maps. With the proper map installed on your bike you wont need to tamper with it later, unless you change/add something to your bike. Keep in mind the dealer sells both this techlusion, and the labor to install it, so talking you into buying it means more money for them. My recommendation would be to have it mapped by HD, and leave it alone.

Old 01-29-2005, 01:22 AM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a Tec illusion unit on my 2000 Ultra installed prior to going to the 100th, was the hot item being pushed by teh service departments, my understanding of how it works is it widens the injector pulse (the injector is open longer) theory being more fuel = more power. The only thing I noticed after 7000m of riding that trip was my mileage was reduced apx 20%, yes it did not ping in the desert heat, power increase negligble. Came home and took it off. Went with the HD race pak tuner bs with my 05....so far so good. But the only long trip has been to San Diego and back and IMHO the bikes still breaking in.

Old 01-29-2005, 01:57 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Homer

I had a Tec illusion unit on my 2000 Ultra installed prior to going to the 100th, was the hot item being pushed by teh service departments, my understanding of how it works is it widens the injector pulse (the injector is open longer) theory being more fuel = more power.
More fuel is more power only when you have more air to mix with it, otherwise your only richening up your fuel mixture, which causes more fuel consumption, a tendency to foul plugs if the condition is rich enough, and poor acceleration. The only benefit to more fuel is cooler running.

Quick Reply: Tech lusion? module......