Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:50 PM
MetallicaMatt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT ?

hey guys

07 Bobber
V&H Big Radius
SC A/C
SERT

I want to install all that stuff this weekend, I'm saving the SERT for last. I take it once I install the SERT, I need to install a file or she wont run? Simple question, I know

I think theres files in the sticky above to get me by for a week until I get the dynotune?

I just want to beable to run the bike to make sure the pipes aren't leaking etc

that and I can't wait to hear the new pipes

Old 06-22-2007, 01:33 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: SERT ?

The race tuner software gets installed on your computer, not the bike. Using the software, you download a calibration file to the ECM on your bike. In your case, calibration 67, file 159AE003-A1 would be the right one. After you get the pipes and air cleaner on, you can start the bike without doing anything with the race tuner if you just want to hear the pipes. I wouldn't ride it for any greatdistance without downloading the calibration file, though.
Read the manual before you attempt to download a file to your bike to make sure you understand how it works.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Josey Wales
Cruiser

Exactly what he said!

The only thing I would add is...Iwould install the SERT map #67 first or at least see if the program works with your computer (if you have vista there might be a big problem) and the SERT reads your VIN# correctly etc. It would be a real pisser if you went through all that work and you couldn't install a base map.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:56 PM
MetallicaMatt
Cruiser

thanks guys, I hope to dig into this project tomorrow. I'm goina take my time. do my 1000 mile check, and clean the bike shes on my lift

can't WAIT to hear those pipes!

I have XP Pro, have people run into problems with their SERT not working? since there are stickers all over it saying once its installed it can't be returned...

Old 06-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Josey Wales
Cruiser

I have run into a big problem with windows vista....I used to use windows xp pro and then did a full install of windows vista and ran into big problems! Switched back to windows xp pro and all worked well!!!

You should be fine running XP Pro.

Good luck and keep us updated, I am sure you will be very happy with your results.
Be sure and use map #67 that should get you by until you have it dyno'd

Old 06-24-2007, 01:30 AM
Wags1
Tourer

ORIGINAL: MetallicaMatt

thanks guys, I hope to dig into this project tomorrow. I'm goina take my time. do my 1000 mile check, and clean the bike shes on my lift

can't WAIT to hear those pipes!

I have XP Pro, have people run into problems with their SERT not working? since there are stickers all over it saying once its installed it can't be returned...
You should be fine with XP Pro. Be aware that you do need a serial port. Many laptops no longer have serial ports but if not they pretty much all have USB ports. If you only have USB ports you will need a converter. I used a Belkin 5U109 (you can find them online for less than $25).

It is the "dongle" that "mates" with your bike. The first time you use it to load a calibration file it will write the VINto an onboard PROM on the dongle. That is not reversable, so once it is "mated" it will only work with the bike with that VIN.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:23 PM
MetallicaMatt
Cruiser

my SERT didn't come with any cords

....was it supposed to?

Old 06-24-2007, 01:14 PM
jmetro
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

the newer ones dont come with the cables......... have to buy them seperatly, harley's trying to save another buck

Old 06-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Wags1
Tourer

ORIGINAL: MetallicaMatt

my SERT didn't come with any cords

....was it supposed to?
They no longer come with the cables, you need to buy them seperately (HD PN 32108-06). You can get them from one of the online dealers for about $25 or from your local dealer for list, about $30.

Old 06-24-2007, 08:22 PM
MetallicaMatt
Cruiser

you mean i have to buy the 9pin - 4 port cable to connect to the bike?

thats stupid!!

Quick Reply: SERT ?