Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

frt turn sigfnsals install on rear

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:37 AM
jakazz
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default frt turn sigfnsals install on rear

Hey guys gotta elect question for y'all.

I'm taking the inner socket assembly out of a set of front turn signals to install into the rear on my Train. Anyone take these apart before?
And I'm doing this to make the rear dual filament, instead of using a "dimming" led controller. Some say that the controllers dont do a great job, so I'm gonna wire it myself. I'm getting rid of the tailight, and just running the 2 turn signals.

Question, wiring into the harness should be fairly simple, running light, brake, and turn, should be simple enough, but has anyone done this type of thing? when I wire the brake and turn will the 2 cancel one another, or will both turn blink at the same time? or should I use a diode to keep the currrent from crossing the brake cicuit to the other turn signal?

hmmmm.... gonna try a field test on this the moment my "e-bay" extra turn signals come in.

any input would be appreciated

Old 06-21-2007, 08:59 AM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: frt turn sigfnsals install on rear

Blocking diodes in the brake switch wiring will prevent them from both flashing when you activate one turn signal, butif the brake switch and a turn signal switch are bothclosedthe light won't flash. You need a couple relays or some electronic logicto open the brake switch wires whena turn signal switch is closed. The run/turn/brake modules have the electronics built in. I have a Kuryakyn module and it's been working fine for almost 5 years.
The reflector and socket come out as a unit. It's held in place by the rubber ring around the edge of the reflector and youcanpryit out.