Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thunder Max On or Off

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Roodog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Max On or Off

This is what I'm having to do I think, I don't think she'll kick up to much fuss, in Australia the FXSTC 07 on the road was AUS$31250, and my wife bought it for me out of her own cash input. Not a bad girl if you ask me.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:29 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer

Funny, my wife comes in through the garage and I have the pc sitting on the floor hooked up to my bike. The Vista laptop would not recognize it. She thinks I'm a moron. I am getting scared that she may be right--check this out if you have the TMAX, I just installed mine 2 days ago and only was able to test it for 30 miles or so. I read nothing but possitives on this set up and now all hell is breaking loose. Anyone around here have any problems?http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=14269.0

Old 08-13-2007, 11:56 AM
rockerhead
Road Captain

Borrow a lap top that has windows 2000 or xp, Vista sucks big time! Some compuer builders are refusing to install it on thier new systems.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:03 PM
squeeech
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

G'day Roodog and others,
They are right about the benchtop equipment. I had no computer, let alone anything else... so.... I asked the dealer to install a map that I selected before taking delivery of the unit. He did this and also changed the speedo calibration as the map most suitable was for a FL touring bike, remember that we get a smaller rear sprocket so the speedo will be the revers of what you expect...in other words it will read 98kph when you are doing a true 100..... not that the cops will beleive ya !! anyhow he also reduced the idle speed and then it was plug and play (as the yanks say). I got no A/T as it was $700 EXTRA , but don't need it .. bike runs PERFECT. The I.T computer geeeke at work said "vista program" would not work with the software, so I eventually bought a used (old) laptop and have since reduced the "warm up idle speed" and the hot idle speed even more. I won't say how low or I'll get flamed ..... PM me if ya want full details.

Graham (Brisbane) 06 dyna.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:14 PM
jamsdude
Stage II

I have a new laptop with vista and the t-max software works fine. on the t-max web site they have a file that is in their instruction on how to install the software on Vista. I have had no problem at all with it when linked to the ecm. Also I would like to find out who here has the firmware 4.5 upgrade. Ride like the wind if you can............................................... .....Jamsdude[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

You can buy a power supply from thunder max to power the efi unit, so it can be programmed before it is put on the bike. it's like $85.00 ,they show it on their website.

as long as you have a lap top or pc in your garage, you shouldn't need it. setup is pretty quick as well.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
ronyd
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IF your laptop computer is wireless, hook everything up and can download maps of the web online and run software to load map. Wireless is pretty cheap these days...

Old 08-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Jman67
Tourer

ORIGINAL: rockerhead

Borrow a lap top that has windows 2000 or xp, Vista sucks big time! Some compuer builders are refusing to install it on thier new systems.
AGREED! I hate it. Came on my new laptop and got rid of it. I only use Windows 2000 on my PC's

Old 01-18-2008, 01:04 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

The Tmax is still not Vista compatable.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:29 AM
ubreal
Road Master
Received 184 Likes on 98 Posts

I agree vista sucks Microsoft made a big mistake. My desktop and laptop have vista and I have no problem with running Tmax programs or communicating with the Tmax unit but I do have to run at least 2 Megs of memory to get vista to work in a decent way.

Quick Reply: Thunder Max On or Off