Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PCIII Map question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007 | 06:40 PM
CLL375
|
Road Captain
Default PCIII Map question

I had PCIII installed and a dyno tune performed by the dealer. They got me 77hp and 87trq (V&H BBS and K&N) and a smooth running bike. I haven’t had any problems with the tune buta few friends say those numbers a low. I have all the plugs and software that came with the PC. Is it possible to uploadthe dyno tunedmapto my laptop and install a canned map to play with?Later ifI want to can I revert back to the dyno tune map ifI need to?Thanks for the time.

-CLL

Old 06-16-2007 | 06:58 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: PCIII Map question

Sure. Just hook up a power up your bike. Once it shows the serial number, you should see the map. If not, click Get Map. It should pull up the map for you to see. You can then save the map to your laptop and look at later.

Dynojet now has a decent instruction manual at their Power Commander III USB website. I think it's under download software at the bottom of the maps (going from memory here). They also have several tutorials you can go through.

You can modify the map slightly if you need to and then reload it by clicking Send Map. I'd be careful though, just because your friend says he thinks the numbers are low may not be a good reason to make a change. Check your plugs and gas mileage too. Plus, if it rides good and has no popping on decel, then you may not have a reason to change.

Good luck.

Old 06-16-2007 | 07:01 PM
1of2
"Moderator"

That is the beauty of the PCIII.

Old 06-16-2007 | 07:17 PM
CLL375
|
Road Captain

Thanks guys. I have a little popping on decel but I thoughtit was normal...I kinda like it. Is that a bad thing to have?

Old 06-17-2007 | 12:59 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: CLL375

Thanks guys. I have a little popping on decel but I thought it was normal...I kinda like it. Is that a bad thing to have?
Not sure it really does any harm, but can be annoying. Trying increasing all zero values in the 0% throttle position to 15%. If that doesn't eliminate it, increase them to 20%. Increasing these values normally takes care of the problem if it's related to your map.

You might also check to be sure your exhaust headers are tight at the cylinder heads and each fitting on your exhaust system. If you had your exhaust added by the dealer and you haven't tightened them again at the cylinders, they probably need to be retightened. The heating/cooling causes things to expand/shrink, so your exhaust connections will need to be retightened the first few weeks/months. Any air you let into the exhaust can also cause popping on decel, so worth checking.

Let us know how it turns out.