Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

ThunderMax Set-up help please..

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:38 PM
GAstreetglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ThunderMax Set-up help please..

I also have a 07 Street Glide and have been looking at the various different ECM upgrades, replacements, etc. I want to run a closed loop system so the piggy back units are out. That still leaves me with a couple of choices and I would appreciate any input you can provide. What made you choose the TM over some of the other products e.g. SERT with wide band oxygen sensors or Daytona TWIN TEC with TTT Scan 88+? Did you get the results you were looking for with the TM unit?

Thanks in advance
Mike (GAstreetglide)

Old 06-15-2007, 05:37 PM
LockNut
Cruiser

I chose the TM because I wanted to keep the stock exhaust but replace the AC and get away from the dyno tuning. I originally had Eastern Performance put the PC on with AN Big Sucker then dyno it. They screwed that up so they reinstalled the old parts and gave me my money back. Took that money and bought the PC from Jamine at FuelMoto. Installed it myself (read: done right). That left me without the AC. After hearing things about the TM and DTT I started really looking at the 2 systems. Itlooked to me likethe DTT required a little more knowledge and tweaking than the TM.So I bought the TM from Shooter64 along with the AN Big Sucker. The install was really easy. The bike is really running good. I am still researching the mods for this winter. Maybe take it to 103". It's such a nice feeling to know that the TM will adapt to pretty much anything I throw at it without having to dyno it.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:41 PM
GAstreetglide
Advanced

Again, thanks for the info. I'm going to start looking for a TM supplier to check prices, availability, etc. When you say you bought the TM and Big Sucker from Shooter64, I assume you mean one of the other Forum members and not a regular supplier?

Mike (GAstreetglide)

Old 06-15-2007, 07:18 PM
LockNut
Cruiser

Shooter64 is a member here. Shoot him a PM and he will take care of you on the price (which is why I did not wait any longer).