Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

I need help with a S&S 107 with S&S Hi-4n ignition

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 09:00 AM
Fatboy261
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I need help with a S&S 107 with S&S Hi-4n ignition

A little background first. I work at an automobile dealership and they took in this bike on trade. It's a 2004 Bigdog with a S&S 107. One of our sales guys killed the battery and proceeded to connect a jump pack in reverse. They smoked the stock ignition. Long story short, Bigdog sent me a S&S Hi-4n to replaced the module they used. ***The bike ran nearly perfect before this***

The problem:
I have installed the Hi-4n. Static timed the ignition at TDC compression stroke of the front piston. It fires and idles perfectly. However, it will not run under a load. If you attempt to ride off, it falls flat on it's face. Sitting still with no load, you can blip the throttle, rev it to redline, anything you want without issue. Only under load does it stall out. All of the modes and settings are correct, per S&S. It has no VOES and the violet wire (grounded or not) makes no difference. The carb has been reset to stock settings, which are about where it was when this stared. I am stumped.

Anyone have experience with this or suggestions?