Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

2007 Road King Not getting fuel!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 09:29 AM
Cdodson
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Road King Not getting fuel!

I apreciate any and all help in advance. Long story short. Took a lot of road trips last season, parked it over the winter, battery died, changed the battery, now its not getting any fuel. Ive checked all fuses and relays, they're good. Checked the quick disconnect, and the fuel pump. Pump is coming on for 3 seconds when I hit the run switch. Checked the bank angle sensor, its good. I can spray fuel into the intake and it fires up. Any suggestions before pulling the tank off?
Cliff

Old 04-02-2017, 10:24 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,844 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Pin hole in the intank fuel line not allowing the fuel line to pressurize.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Cdodson
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a feeling it was in the tank, just wanted to make sure there wasnt anything stupid that i was missing. thanks

Old 04-02-2017, 05:53 PM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,957 Likes on 1,440 Posts

buy the fuel filter........hose comes with it.

And dont cut the hose that goes down to the disconnect......cost like $50 ........cut the clamp off and reuse......unless you can find a leak in that one........the usual suspect is the other hose from pump to filter.......runs underneath a bracket that rubs a hole in it over time.......i rerouted it to ABOVE the bracket

Last edited by MURPHCC1; 04-02-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:15 PM
TXCHOP
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

If it runs for 3 second that means it should be priming. Make sure the quick connect on the outside of tank is fully seated. Can even unplug it and reconnect.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:40 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,844 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCHOP
If it runs for 3 second that means it should be priming. Make sure the quick connect on the outside of tank is fully seated. Can even unplug it and reconnect.
The fuel system is pressurizing for those three seconds but it's not holding the pressure. It's leaking off.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:06 PM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

Double check the quick disconnect that goes into the tank. Take it off, and inspect it. They will sometimes come unseated.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,440 Likes on 2,773 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Pin hole in the intank fuel line not allowing the fuel line to pressurize.
This, very common. Per your manual the filter is to be changed ever 20k (maybe 25k) miles. The convoluted hose (hose in tank) comes with the filter as a kit. The kit always comes with one less clamp then you need. Buy the kit at dealership, open it there and get one extra hose clamp. Not that hard of a job, just a little patience needed when removing and installing the pump into the tank. Good luck.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:33 PM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

2007 model bikes have a few problems that you should make sure you look at when you pull the pump assembly out. the fuel pressure regulator hat is plastic and the ears that hold it down can break causing a big fuel leak. Trask makes a billet fuel pressure regulator hat. also the corrugated fuel hose from the regulator to the quick connect is too long and is prone to rubbing the inside of the tank causing holes. i replaced all my fuel hose with gates submersible fuel hose part number 27093 and used ss fuel hose clamps to secure it. worm gear clamps have sharp edges and can cut the fuel line.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:36 AM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,957 Likes on 1,440 Posts

on mine the hose from the regulator to the disconnect was fine...and the length is needed to be able to get the pump UP into a position to disconnect it.....
The pin hole leak I found was in the hose from the pump to the filter, but the routing was UNDER the silver bracket I circled in your pic.....I re-routed it OVER the bracket that same as you.....the filter and hose are already like $45......the disconnect is another $48........I found the disconnect on fleabay for $26.....

Quick Reply: 2007 Road King Not getting fuel!