Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

V&H Fuel-Pac

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Dave2007
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Fuel-Pac

Has anyone ever used the V&H Fuel-Pac? I just ordered the fuel-pac, V&H BSS pipes & K&N A/C. I'm putting all on a 2007 Street BoB. Any info on tha fuel-pac would be helpfull.

Thanks
Dave

Old 06-03-2007, 10:52 AM
brock161
Cruiser
Default RE: V&H Fuel-Pac

I've got the fuelpak. It is a pretty straight forward install but is a pain to get the unit in the right spot. The cables are thick and stiff.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dave2007

Has anyone ever used the V&H Fuel-Pac? I just ordered the fuel-pac, V&H BSS pipes & K&N A/C. I'm putting all on a 2007 Street BoB. Any info on tha fuel-pac would be helpfull.

Thanks
Dave
Mine works great, easy to install and adjust. Make sure you read the instructions and do exactly what they say.

If you have any problems with decel popping after your install like some have, you can make the changes below to resolve the decel popping.

Change mode 23 from 16 to 50 and the decel popping will go away. All the HD settings for all the diffrent pipe configurations on mode 23 are set at 16,the change from 16 to 50 on mode 23changes the way the fuel pack reacts with the factory ECM, it does not richen or lean anything out. I talked with Adam at V&H after hearing this information from another person and he confirmed that it is ok to do and will solve the decel popping. Worked great on my 07 RKCwith the fuel pack& V&H Oval mufflers along with the stage 1 A/C unit.

Take Care,
Bill G

Old 06-03-2007, 01:07 PM
jf
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Bill G Im having that problem, had a fuelpak with SE mufflers it was fine. now i have rush 2" and it pops when i roll of the throttle i was thinking of changing to the settings for the 2.5" but now you sugest this for mode 23. Do you still get the same performence, no probelms?

Old 06-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: jf

Bill G Im having that problem, had a fuelpak with SE mufflers it was fine. now i have rush 2" and it pops when i roll of the throttle i was thinking of changing to the settings for the 2.5" but now you sugest this for mode 23. Do you still get the same performence, no probelms?

The performance stays the same as it does not richen or lean out the fuel curve in the map, it just changes how the fuel pack inner reacts with the factory ECM on decel. My bike runs great with no performance changes. Give it a try, you can always change it back if you do not like it.

Take of the clear cover, turn on the ingnition switch, scrole to mode 23, change setting from 16 to 50, turn the ingnition switchoff for a few seconds, turnthe ignition switchback on and scrole to mode 23 and make sure it took the new setting, shutthe ignition switchoff, reinstall clear cover and your good to go...

Take Care,
Bill G

Old 06-03-2007, 06:23 PM
FLHRSE3
Advanced

If you have any problems with decel popping after your install like some have, you can make the changes below to resolve the decel popping.

Change mode 23 from 16 to 50 and the decel popping will go away. All the HD settings for all the diffrent pipe configurations on mode 23 are set at 16,the change from 16 to 50 on mode 23changes the way the fuel pack reacts with the factory ECM, it does not richen or lean anything out. I talked with Adam at V&H after hearing this information from another person and he confirmed that it is ok to do and will solve the decel popping. Worked great on my 07 RKCwith the fuel pack& V&H Oval mufflers along with the stage 1 A/C unit.

Take Care,
Bill G
This may work on the 96’s but not on the 110’s. I just went and tried this and it was downright embarrassing to ride, couldn’t even let off to shift with out Bap, Bap, Bap. I guess I’ll put it back to 16 and give Adam a call tomorrow to see if there is a fix for the 110’s.

Thanks for the tip, too bad it didn’t work.

Gregg

Old 06-03-2007, 08:07 PM
dynaglider
Tourer

I just ordered the FuelPak for my 06 Dyna. Unfortunately the V&H Straightshots HS slip-ons that I also ordered are on backorder. Planning to use an SE air cleaner. I'll let you know how it runs when it gets installed.

Anyone else running the FuelPak on a 2006 model with O2 sensors?

Old 06-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Bill G
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: FLHRSE3

Take Care,
Bill G
This may work on the 96’s but not on the 110’s. I just went and tried this and it was downright embarrassing to ride, couldn’t even let off to shift with out Bap, Bap, Bap. I guess I’ll put it back to 16 and give Adam a call tomorrow to see if there is a fix for the 110’s.

Thanks for the tip, too bad it didn’t work.

Gregg
Does your bike have a stage 1 ECM upgrade due to it beingthe 110? This may be why the setting did not work for you.

All the decel popping whent away on my bike at the 50 setting on mode 23, Adam also said I could try 15 instead of the 50 setting to minimize the decel popping. I did try the 15 setting and my bike still had some decel popping. I know there is a big diffrence between 15 and 50 on settings but again the 50 setting worked great on my bike and she runs great. V&H will not tell you what the settings mean, so a guy is sort of in the dark.Again I am happy with the way my bike runs and in the end that is all that matters.

Take Care,
Bill G

Old 06-04-2007, 01:40 AM
jmetro
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

If they told you it doesn't richen or lean ANYTHING, they LIED. the popping on decel is caused bya lean condition called lean misfire. Mind you, this does not affect performace or longevity of the engine and has NO bad effects other than the popping (as long as it is only on decel)

if the popping went away, its because the 0-2% throttle has been richened up at the higher RPMs.

and there have been MANY problems with the feul paks on the 06 dynas and all the 07's. due to the o2 sensors. there is a fix though. get your settings online, since they give you more settings after the 19 value that the paperwork that comes with the unit does not have. and make sure the package says v12....... that is the software version that is able to correct the issues that they have been having.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Bill G
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: jmetro

If they told you it doesn't richen or lean ANYTHING, they LIED. the popping on decel is caused bya lean condition called lean misfire. Mind you, this does not affect performace or longevity of the engine and has NO bad effects other than the popping (as long as it is only on decel)

if the popping went away, its because the 0-2% throttle has been richened up at the higher RPMs.

and there have been MANY problems with the feul paks on the 06 dynas and all the 07's. due to the o2 sensors. there is a fix though. get your settings online, since they give you more settings after the 19 value that the paperwork that comes with the unit does not have. and make sure the package says v12....... that is the software version that is able to correct the issues that they have been having.
All I can say is Adam at V&H said it did not richen or lean anything in the maped fuel curve, it only changed the way the fuel pack reacts or comunicates with the factory ECM on decel. I can only go of what the man told me.. My bike no longer has the decel popping with the mode 23 set at 50 instead of 16 and she still runs good.

Take Care,
Bill G

Quick Reply: V&H Fuel-Pac