Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

V&H Fuel-Pac

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007 | 03:20 AM
Dave2007
|
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: V&H Fuel-Pac

Thanks to all. I just installed the fuel-pac and pipes. WOW the bike has a new look, very cool. I only took it around the block, just a little pop on decell. I will go for a longer ride tomarrow and see how it is. Thanks again for all the replys it was alot of help.

Dave

Old 06-07-2007 | 12:43 PM
jf
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

set my FPak mode 23 to 50 took the bike out and it made the popping a lot worse. pulled over changed it to 15 and i think it is an improvement on the 16 there is less popping but it still pops a little. I think this is as good as its likelly to get, i guess most fuel management systems have some problems, and i cant afford to buy anything else at the moment.

Old 06-07-2007 | 08:14 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: jf

set my FPak mode 23 to 50 took the bike out and it made the popping a lot worse. pulled over changed it to 15 and i think it is an improvement on the 16 there is less popping but it still pops a little. I think this is as good as its likelly to get, i guess most fuel management systems have some problems, and i cant afford to buy anything else at the moment.
Thats odd, as every ones fuel pack including minethat I have changed from 16 to 50 on mode 23 the decel popping has whent away,,, and there bikes ran fine. You may have your throttle position adjustment on the fuel pack out of range a little on the setting of 0 %to 100%. It should read0 %atno throttleand scrole up to100 % at fuel throttle, or you may have an air leak on your exaust system some where.Oh well there is a first time for eveything.

Take Care,
Bill G

Old 06-07-2007 | 08:34 PM
FLHRSE3
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Bill G

Thats odd, as every ones fuel pack including minethat I have changed from 16 to 50 on mode 23 the decel popping has whent away,,, and there bikes ran fine. You may have your throttle position adjustment on the fuel pack out of range a little on the setting of 0 %to 100%. It should read0 %atno throttleand scrole up to100 % at fuel throttle, or you may have an air leak on your exaust system some where.Oh well there is a first time for eveything.

Take Care,
Bill G
Perhaps we should revisit post 6.

Gregg

Old 06-07-2007 | 08:52 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: FLHRSE3

ORIGINAL: Bill G

Take Care,
Bill G
Perhaps we should revisit post 6.

Gregg
That is true Gregg, the assumption was we are talking about a 96 motor, the standardnormal motorfor most of the 07 models, not the 110 upgraded motorsor theCVO 110 motors.And yesthe settingsmay not work with the 110 motors the same way, as I do not know this for a fact because I have not installed one on a 110motor yet.. Nor did I clame the settings would work on a 110 motor with a fuel pack.. I only said the settings worked onthe 07 with the 96 motor and the fuel pack set up correctly with the right map matching the pipes and A/C in other post on this forum.

I also have stated in other post on this forum that it worked on all the fuel packs that I have installedon my friends bikes including my own, all 96 motors.This has led me to believe the settings work as I have seen first hand on several bikes. But again there is a first time for everything and every bike is a little diffrent.

Thank You,
Bill G

Old 06-07-2007 | 10:02 PM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

Bill G...do you know other than having mode 23 where on the unit you can tell what version you have?

Old 06-07-2007 | 10:16 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: gabhart

Bill G...do you know other than having mode 23 where on the unit you can tell what version you have?
Sorry, I do not myself know any other way. Was anyone able to help you at V&H ?, they have a tecknical contact phone number 562-926-5291. If you have not already called them by Phone you may want to call and talk with Adam, as he may be able to help you.

Hope this helps..

Take Care,
Bill G

Old 06-08-2007 | 07:58 AM
Skivvy9r
Tourer

I don't have a Fuelpak, but here's what V&H's FAQ page has to say about determining your version:
[blockquote]
Q: I see that I need a version 11 or greater for my V-Rod. How do I check the version level of my Fuelpak?
A: Using the mode button (left button), go to mode 20. The system version number is displayed in the right two digits[/blockquote]

Old 06-08-2007 | 11:55 AM
jf
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Also on the front of my fpak it does have a small number 12 on it so you can tell just by looking at it. By the way i have a 96 motor SE air cleaner and rush 2" pipes from what i have been reading the popping might be the pipes?

Old 06-08-2007 | 05:46 PM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: Skivvy9r

I don't have a Fuelpak, but here's what V&H's FAQ page has to say about determining your version:

[blockquote]
Q: I see that I need a version 11 or greater for my V-Rod. How do I check the version level of my Fuelpak?
A: Using the mode button (left button), go to mode 20. The system version number is displayed in the right two digits[/blockquote]

Thank you.

If this is correct then I have version 11 which will not allow me to tune out the decel popping..great.

I give up.

Thanks guys for the replies relating to this!

At this point I guess I will go back to stock and sell this thing!

Quick Reply: V&H Fuel-Pac