Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

V&H Fuel-Pac

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007 | 09:20 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: V&H Fuel-Pac

ORIGINAL: gabhart

I have a '07 Ultra with a FuelPak and decel popping. I attempted to scroll to mode 23 as recommended here and by Adam with V&H. Problem is I don't have mode 23 as it stops at mode 22 and goes back to 01. Any ideas??????????????

Do you have an older modelFuel pack on your 07 ? The part no is 61003A for the touring models from 2002 to 2007and it has modes 1 through 23 and it is the newversion 12 model.There is an older version of the Fuel pack and it may not have a mode 23, but don't hold me to it. It may be that the one you have does not have the mode 23. You got me wondering now why yours stops at 22, that would be a good question for V&H to answer.

Does your instruction sheet with the map settings show modes 1 through 23 with 23 set at 16 ?( all themap settings for Harley show mode 23 at 16 for every pipe configuration) the rest of the modes past 23 on the sheet should showN/A. That is how my setting sheets are with all the diffrent Harly settings for diffrent pipe configurations.

Good Luck,
Bill G

Old 06-06-2007 | 09:20 PM
FLHRSE3
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried setting 23 to 15 tonight and there was not a lot of difference from 16. I only went about 12 miles but I would guess there was a very slight decrease in decel popping but the “noise” was even more prevalent. By noise I’m talking about a hard to describe sound that I never heard prior to the installation of the FP that happens on rapid deceleration, kind of like air is being sucked back in the engine but encountering some resistance and making this muffled repetitive sound. Anybody else experience this or have any explanation of what I’m hearing or think I’m hearing?

Thanks

Gregg

Old 06-06-2007 | 09:34 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

Gregg it sound like more of a back rapping sound, I know what your talking about. It whent away on my 07 completley when I changed mode 23 to 50, with 23 set at 15 it did not help to much with the decel popping or the sound your talking about, it just changed it a little.I believeyour right asyou have to have Version 12 on the 07 models.

Take Care,
Bill G

Old 06-06-2007 | 09:43 PM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

Where can I find the version #?

Old 06-06-2007 | 09:51 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

I purchaced mine at the local HD shop, but Eastern performance has pretty good deals on them. My budy just got one for $202.00 from them with free shipping and it was the newer model with the Mode 23. V&H Part no 61003A for 2002 to 2007 touring models.

Take Care,
Bill G

Old 06-06-2007 | 09:55 PM
gabhart
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Bill G

I purchaced mine at the local HD shop, but Eastern performance has pretty good deals on them. My budy just got one for $202.00 from them with free shipping and it was the newer model with the Mode 23. V&H Part no 61003A for 2002 to 2007 touring models.

Take Care,
Bill G
I do have part # 61003A and I did purchase it from Eastern Performance but that was back in Sept '06.

Do you know where I can find the actual version number?

Old 06-06-2007 | 10:04 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

Take Care,
Bill G
I do have part # 61003A and I did purchase it from Eastern Performance but that was back in Sept '06.

I would check with V&H, something does not sound right here, you should have the newer version with mode 23. If your setting sheets show modes 1 through23 and then all settings after that N/A you have the newer version no 12, check your setting sheets or pamplet.Are you surethat you aregoing through the settings correctly ???

Take Care,
Bill G

Old 06-06-2007 | 10:11 PM
gabhart
Road Master

Take Care,
Bill G

I would check with V&H, something does not sound right here, you should have the newer version with mode 23. If your setting sheets show modes 1 through23 and then all settings after that N/A you have the newer version, check your setting sheets or pamplet.Are you surethat you aregoing through the settings correctly ???

Take Care,
Bill G
The setting sheet that came with the unit does not have 23 and higher. The sheet I downloaded from V&H does show the additional settings.

I am scrolling through the settings correctly. Pretty much a no brainer there.

I did email Adam back asking why I can't go beyond 22.

This '07 is really beginning to frustrate. I guess going into the Stage I thing when they first came out was a mistake since I have gone from stock to a FuelPak to a PCIII USB now back to the FuelPak. I guess my next move should be going back to stock!

Harley and the EPA. Not a good combo this year!

Old 06-06-2007 | 10:21 PM
Bill G
Road Captain

Take Care,
Bill G

I would check with V&H, something does not sound right here, you should have the newer version with mode 23. If your setting sheets show modes 1 through23 and then all settings after that N/A you have the newer version, check your setting sheets or pamplet.Are you surethat you aregoing through the settings correctly ???

Take Care,
Bill G
The setting sheet that came with the unit does not have 23 and higher. The sheet I downloaded from V&H does show the additional settings.

This '07 is really beginning to frustrate. I guess going into the Stage I thing when they first came out was a mistake since I have gone from stock to a FuelPak to a PCIII USB now back to the FuelPak. I guess my next move should be going back to stock!

Sounds like you need the newer version with mode 23. I have it on my 07 and it runs great and gets good milage. I did change mode 23 to 50 to knock out the decel popping and it worked. You will need mode 23 to inner react with ECM, the O2 sensers and fuel curve on deceleration. It may be cheaper to just get a new fuel pack for the 07 and set it up, I like mine and it works well.

By the way, no offence meant when asking about the set up....It is pretty much a no brainer.

Best of luck to you.

Bill G

Old 06-06-2007 | 11:08 PM
gabhart
Road Master

Take Care,
Bill G

Take Care,
Bill G

Sounds like you need the newer version with mode 23. I have it on my 07 and it runs great and gets good milage. I did change mode 23 to 50 to knock out the decel popping and it worked. You will need mode 23 to inner react with ECM, the O2 sensers and fuel curve on deceleration. It may be cheaper to just get a new fuel pack for the 07 and set it up, I like mine and it works well.

By the way, no offence meant when asking about the set up....It is pretty much a no brainer.

Best of luck to you.

Bill G
No offense taken.

I will see what Adam with V&H has to say. I really don't want to put out another $200 for another FuelPak. I already have too much into trying to get this bike to run better and cooler.

Quick Reply: V&H Fuel-Pac