Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PV Autotune

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm by no means a tuning guru, but my understanding of it is, it is ok to have your map set at 14.6 for 30 or 40 minutes for an auto tune session. But if it was left that way indefinitely you would be running too lean outside of the cruise area ( the normal CL area of the map) and possibly cause engine damage.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:33 AM
IKnowNot
Road Master
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

......your obviously still drunk.
Incorrect
… My question was that if my entire MAP at 14.6 is in the closed loop why do I need wide bands to auto tune? ...
You do not.
...Won't the narrow band ones work? ...
Yes, they will
...If it works like you said above, I can see that it would be faster using AT Pro with wide bands, but won't I eventually get there using the narrow bands, albeit a little slower?
Yes.

As stated before, in this thread and others,
Originally Posted by IKnowNot
... They [wide band sensors] are another tool in a tool box to make things easier.
BTW, hrdtail78, never noticed your sig before. Semper Fi.

Last edited by IKnowNot; 04-03-2016 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:00 AM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
That is how the basic tune with vision is advertised.

Both sensors have their limitations and their strength. They both have trade offs. It is best to understand these and use the best tool for the job. I use both while tuning on a dyno. They both have their place. I also use them on performance builds. I have a 04 124 making over 160hp running out there that cruises light load with close loop NB sensors. Don't buy into the all or nothing closed loop and WB's are magic BS.
I'm certainly not going to buy into the closed loop/Target Tune product at this point. Its allot of money. It may work. I don't know whether it does or not. I was considering purchasing it but I got real skeptical after FM's responses on here. As you know (I think you were in that thread) I asked some questions about how the product worked and those guys at FM wouldn't answer them. They just kept asking me to provide my MAP. I wasn't asking them to review my MAP. My questions were related to the device.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:35 AM
scooterbum46
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelmoto
http://dynojet.com/powervision/powervision-faqs.aspx#4d

How can I compare two different tunes?

There is a feature in the WinPV software to compare two different tunes. Once you have a tune open in WinPV, you can select the icon to Load Compare. This will prompt you to select a tune that is already saved on the computer; you cannot select a tune from a Power Vision. Once the compare tune is opened, the software will highlight the fields that are different between the two tunes. You can switch back and forth and see both tunes, or you can see the Delta, which is the difference between the two.

Thank you very much for your help. That worked perfect!

I'm sorry that I got shitty with you on several prior PV posts. I apologize. I was frustrated. I was wrong and shouldn't have posted such.

I appreciate you responding and helping me out.

Originally Posted by oleboy
I'm certainly not going to buy into the closed loop/Target Tune product at this point. Its allot of money. It may work. I don't know whether it does or not. I was considering purchasing it but I got real skeptical after FM's responses on here. As you know (I think you were in that thread) I asked some questions about how the product worked and those guys at FM wouldn't answer them. They just kept asking me to provide my MAP. I wasn't asking them to review my MAP. My questions were related to the device.

I guess you're back to pi$$ing on Jamie for not responding the way you think he should.. Did you even purchase your PV from Fuelmoto? Jamie and all of the other pro tuners that participate here have spent a lot of time and effort to learn the jobs they do. They come on here to help and educate, but there are limits to what they should have to help you with .....

Old 04-03-2016, 05:18 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,166 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by oleboy

I have tried to answer your questions and provide info, however questions were spread out among several threads and mixed within dozens of other posts from other users. My question asking the year, model of your bike, tune you are running, etc.. is completely relevent to my ability to best assist you, it is the first thing we ask a customer when discussing tuning.

For best response to your specific questions I would recommend contacting me directly, especially for info of detailed technical nature. You are welcome to contact Fuel Moto at 920-423-3309. Ask for me personally, i would be more than happy to assist you and will be happy to answer all of your questions in great detail.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 04-03-2016, 07:12 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

oleboy has some valid points, other sections of the forum we have people who assist openly on the forum with regards to engine assembly, wheels, fork rebuilds, electrical and many are sponsors also

to me I purchased the PV for its DIY aspect and the ability to use on bike for gauges etc

any info on the forum in a transparent way would be of enormous benefit,

maybe the area of tuning (for performance) is not as complex as it sounds or is made out to be, maybe its more the engine build which gets a neat looking dyno graph

Old 04-03-2016, 07:47 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by mirrmu
oleboy has some valid points, other sections of the forum we have people who assist openly on the forum with regards to engine assembly, wheels, fork rebuilds, electrical and many are sponsors also

to me I purchased the PV for its DIY aspect and the ability to use on bike for gauges etc

any info on the forum in a transparent way would be of enormous benefit,

maybe the area of tuning (for performance) is not as complex as it sounds or is made out to be, maybe its more the engine build which gets a neat looking dyno graph
We want users to find answers to their questions and I am more than willing to assist in various threads as i come across them, however i am not able to get to every post on the forum. If users are not finding answers to their questions pertaining to our products & services they are welcome to contact us and we are happy to assist.

Last edited by fuelmoto; 04-03-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:39 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

To the OP, it appears answers to your questions have been well answered in this thread, however if you have any additional questions related to the original topic go ahead and ask them and i will answer. I do again ask that you please let us know the year/model of your bike, specific mods you have made, the calibration you are running, and let us know what you have done for tuning so far.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:51 PM
oleboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
To the OP, it appears answers to your questions have been well answered in this thread, however if you have any additional questions related to the original topic go ahead and ask them and i will answer. I do again ask that you please let us know the year/model of your bike, specific mods you have made, the calibration you are running, and let us know what you have done for tuning so far.
Thank you.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:09 PM
oleboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by scooterbum46
I guess you're back to pi$$ing on Jamie for not responding the way you think he should.. Did you even purchase your PV from Fuelmoto? Jamie and all of the other pro tuners that participate here have spent a lot of time and effort to learn the jobs they do. They come on here to help and educate, but there are limits to what they should have to help you with .....
I am not pissing on anyone.

I did buy my PV from FM (although my questions you referenced were concerning the TT.

I'm not going to re-hash the whole post with you just because you have nothing better to do than stir the pot. However, if you go back and read what I asked about TT, I wasn't asking for help using the device. I don't even own one. I was asking questions about the device. I'm sure maybe you had a few questions that you asked your salesman before you plunked down your money on that snazzy Tri-Glide.

I'm happy using the basic auto tune in the vision for now and if I later decide to potentially buy the TT, I will call FM as Jamie suggested.

Have a wonderful week.