Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Taking advantage of me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 02:43 PM
KingBowser
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cgmartine
HD478, can you tell me if you can have both the FP3 and the PowerVision on the same bike, or if it is one or the other?
nope... you'd only want one of them, and it's the PV... the fuelpak is pretty limited to what it can do. The PV can to all that plus more.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:07 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

IMO they were not ripping you off. You made a huge airflow change to your engine combination by going with a 2-1 pro-pipe. They were telling you correctly.

A couple of other things. The SE pro tuner does not lock you into keeping a lean EPA tune. It will allow you to set the whole AFR table to 12:1 if that is what you want. I'm not sure which one they were trying to sell?

Because some one is a tuner at a dealership doesn't mean they know what they are doing. That is just as a true statement as because you are a tuner at a dealership doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. There is a kick *** tuner in KC at a dealership. LA HD up in Maine has a great tuner. Some dealerships really got their act together in the performance world.

A tuning device and a tune for 900-1000 is par for the course across the country. Pay the money once and you are done, and riding down the road fat dumb and happy.

I would love to hear a follow up on this in a couple of months and find what the total money and total time that you had put into your bike before you became happy with it.

Here are some of my predictions. You are going to have some sampling problems getting this thing to dial in. Nothing against you or your skill level. It will be caused by the pipe. Tuned a bunch of them and I am familiar with problems that can pop up. Then the AT-100 will be suggested and pro tunes will need to be ran, but this might not work because you are going to be in the same bung location as the narrow stock sensors. Don't worry they can sell you another product that you can put on top of that. If it all does work out after buying what all needs to be bought. Is it tuned? No, but the VE's are mapped. More to having a good tuned bike besides having fuel close because of VE tables being mapped. What does it do on the ignition side. Uncorking your bikes air flow is going to cool it down. Correctly mapping VE's to a better AFR than what is stock is going to cool it down. This means timing needs to be adjusted as well.

The vision is a good tuner, and I would suggest. Find a tuner that can use it, and have them tune it and go ride. Give us your location and maybe people can suggest good tuners in your area.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:25 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by HD4T8
As a female it seems that a lot tradesman try to take advantage, assuming that you know nothing. Opinions please if this was the case. Just bought a 2016 Slim S from my local dealer. I installed V&H Propipe and for now decided to leave the air intake as stock since they say it is "high flow". Knew that they already send them out lean so I knew it would need a tune. Stupid me thought I could use the FP3 I put on my 2014 48. Before buying another tuner, I called the dealer to see what it would cost to have it tuned. Service guy said that I would have to purchase the SE tuner and then the would have to put it on the dyno. I questioned him about that and he said it must be done because I put a full exhaust on it and not slip ons. Quoted me a price of over $1000! I promptly called fuelmoto and have a tuner on the way. So...trying to screw me over or not?
Congrats on the new bike and thank you for your purchase, if you have any additional questions or need any assistance you are welcome to contact us and we are more than happy to assist you.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 03-21-2016, 06:27 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 6,283 Likes on 3,167 Posts

They only know what they're told.