Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Switching my 99 MM FI

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Switching my 99 MM FI

over to the Delphi injection. One SE or anybody else know if it's possible and what it would take? Besides lots of $$$, that part i got figured out. Thanks

Old 05-13-2007, 07:08 PM
robbitybob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Switching my 99 MM FI

I'd like to know the answer to this too. Anybody know?

Old 05-16-2007, 02:12 AM
One_Screamin_Eagle
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I converted mine from MM to Delphi and run the EFI Tuner. Need to set it up like an 02-03 FL (in 2004 the j-1850 line was expanded to the gauges) and the ignition harness also changed.

NEED: Ignition harness, TSSM and harness if not already there (need Delphi TSSM MM will not work), ECM, ECM caddy, Coil, Wires, Fuel module, t-body and fuel line, A tank plug, the PN eludes me at this moment, and the ability to read wiring schematics. Overall, it was exceptionally simple.

Will also need to make a bracket to keep the coul from rotatoing down.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:41 AM
99igor
Cruiser

I am changing mine over to a zippers Tundermax setup. Changes out the throttle body, air cleanerand ecu. I am also doing the auto tune setup with 02 sensors. Works for me and I get the advantage of being able to let it tune itself or tune it with software on my laptop.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:02 PM
PosseRider
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If ya need a throttle body, I have 2 Dephi's . One is NEW & one is used. $300 new & $175 used + shp. They are $609 new from HD Both have all sensors & injectors.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:40 AM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

I've not had any problems with Magnetti Marreli on my '98 Electra Glide. It has around 55,000 miles on it. It starts just like any EFI system should, averages 50mpg, and with stage 1.

Delphi is an improvement.....but it is still not where is should be.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:23 PM
One_Screamin_Eagle
Banned

With the wideband technology out there now, it would be much less expensive for you to investigate a closed loop system that simply replaces your EMC and requires the addition of sensors. 2007 bagger headpipes retrofit...

Old 05-19-2007, 11:50 AM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: EVOrider

I've not had any problems with Magnetti Marreli on my '98 Electra Glide. It has around 55,000 miles on it. It starts just like any EFI system should, averages 50mpg, and with stage 1.

Delphi is an improvement.....but it is still not where is should be.
I second this post, I'vepreviously had two bikes with MMs without anyproblems, one a stockTC 88" and theother a Stage I,TC 95" with a DFO piggy back. Like with any TPS based ECMs, monitoring the throttle position andTPS sensor voltage, which likes to drift over time, is key to a good running engine.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bryan1724

over to the Delphi injection. One SE or anybody else know if it's possible and what it would take? Besides lots of $$$, that part i got figured out. Thanks
A good place to start is here: http://vtwinfuelinjection.com/index.htm. These guys have everything you need to convert M&M to Delphi. I have the Thayer FI Conversion Sub-Harness, and a coil and bracket if you are interested. The Zippers conversion kit is good, but it's not worth it in my opinion unless you buy the ZippersAuto-Tune system too. Without the Auto-Tune, all you are getting is a really expensive Delphi set up.

With the Thayer system you will be running HD Delphi, and can be tuned by any competent HD shop. There aren't a lot of shops and tuners that know how to work with the Thunder-Max tuning software, which is why the Auto-Tune system is needed.

Mark

Old 09-20-2007, 12:32 AM
lachueca
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm using a ICT twin talon and my bike run like a champ , 2to1 bubs, se air filter, red injectors. I got mine straigh from ICT in Colorado and u dont have to change anything , straigh swap. Just need a laptop or pc with a sr232 ( 9 pin conector). call and talk to ron he even dyno tune for free if you bring your bike.

Quick Reply: Switching my 99 MM FI