Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

2015 dyna 103' dyno sheet

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 10:16 PM
Airtrafficdude
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 dyna 103' dyno sheet

Hey all. Finally joined the forum, have been reading around and using the info for months now. Finally decided to start posting things. Just putting up my recent dyno sheet and looking for general feedback on it. Good/bad, 15 dyna 103, fatcat exhaust, 57h cams, pm air cleaner. And it's a STD readout

Attached Thumbnails 2015 dyna 103' dyno sheet-image.jpeg  
Old 02-14-2016, 02:32 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,844 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Looks like the Dyno is a little high on the numbers to me. I could believe them if there was some head work involved in your build but just a cam, pipe, and a/c aren't going to reach quite that high.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:52 AM
jkloeker
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Which baffle do you have in the Fatcat? Also, what tuner?

Last edited by jkloeker; 02-14-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Airtrafficdude
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jkloeker
Which baffle do you have in the Fatcat? Also, what tuner?
I have the standard baffle, and tuner is direct link, so much better than my previous setup with the FP3

Old 02-14-2016, 10:26 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

A dyno sheet is the very last part of the tuning process. Like 5% of the story. The real game is in the 3D graphing of the 90 something percent of the time where you really ride the bike. Tuners never want to show you the part of the tuning that is time consuming on a dyno. Their big concern is cashing your check. You would be way better off posting a big data log and looking at what the motor and ECU is really doing.

This is all really easy. You just have to be willing to look.

Andy

Old 02-14-2016, 12:24 PM
Airtrafficdude
Intermediate

Not sure how to data log with a direct link setup nor do I think I care that much it runs perfect and feels great to me, only 300$ for the the tune so the check wasn't that big either

Old 02-14-2016, 08:02 PM
billablehours
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Even reducing the numbers by the approximate 4% that STD is higher than SAE those are pretty impressive numbers for that set up. Nothing else done?

Old 02-14-2016, 08:23 PM
BigMfromMM
Intermediate

I agree with the above. Those numbers seem just a tad high, but the 57 cam along with the DD Pipe have been proven time again to produce great power. Very impressive #s from that set up. Sure nobody touched the heads?!? Good luck w/ her! Gonna be treat to ride w/ that cam and pipe. I have a 2014 FXDWG tuned w/ P. Vision..... it put up 119 HP/124 TQ no corrections, all legit, BUT.....
Thats WITH head work.....
F. Reaper 574 cam
HPI Throttle Body
SS 106 kit, 10:1 Compression
PM Intake
Equal length 2 into 1 VHs with COMP baffle
And some other little tricks....
Tuned at GMS Racing Engines outside of Pittsburgh PA.
Take care man. :-) Your Dyna is gonna be a blast to ride w/ that much TQ

Last edited by BigMfromMM; 02-14-2016 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:35 PM
Airtrafficdude
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BigMfromMM
I agree with the above. Those numbers seem just a tad high, but the 57 cam along with the DD Pipe have been proven time again to produce great power. Very impressive #s from that set up. Sure nobody touched the heads?!? Good luck w/ her! Gonna be treat to ride w/ that cam and pipe. I have a 2014 FXDWG tuned w/ P. Vision..... it put up 119 HP/124 TQ no corrections, all legit, BUT.....
Thats WITH head work.....
F. Reaper 574 cam
HPI Throttle Body
SS 106 kit, 10:1 Compression
PM Intake
Equal length 2 into 1 VHs with COMP baffle
And some other little tricks....
Tuned at GMS Racing Engines outside of Pittsburgh PA.
Take care man. :-) Your Dyna is gonna be a blast to ride w/ that much TQ

Ya I just was wondering what other guys like you have and have put it. Just out of curiosity, because I want to do the heads too down the road but for now they are stock. I think I'll be content for a little while though, I hope lol. I'm from Pittsburgh, grew up there. So that's pretty cool to hear. Btw what bars are on your white bike?

Last edited by Airtrafficdude; 02-14-2016 at 09:36 PM. Reason: More info
Old 02-14-2016, 09:43 PM
Airtrafficdude
Intermediate

Originally Posted by billablehours
Even reducing the numbers by the approximate 4% that STD is higher than SAE those are pretty impressive numbers for that set up. Nothing else done?

No def nothing else done. I did this after 1000 miles after I decided the skirt blower drag pipes and fp3 were not the performance I was looking for. Looked good, loud as hell but it got old real quick. I didn't even know what cam I wanted. I went on the recommendation of my Indy that is highly regarded in the area and he talked me into the 2-1 specifically the fat cat. Couldn't be happier at this point with the smoothness of the power delivery. And also how do you like the biketronics setup? Are the 7.1 the pros? I'm very curious about those and that Presidents' Day sale going on.. I have an 02 flht that desperately needs better speakers. I can't barely hear mine at 80mph and I do a lot of highway riding in sofla

Quick Reply: 2015 dyna 103' dyno sheet