Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT fine tunning confusion, help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 05:59 PM
yodal
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT fine tunning confusion, help needed

I feel that I have the general idea of creating/modifing a SERT map but need a little clarification on "Dialing it in".

1. Whats maximum and desired timing values, and does elevation I live at, 5600 bump that up a little across the board? I’v heard moving from sea level to around 5600 allows you to bump your timing a few degrees. I know if the knock sensor kicks in to retard a little (providing you’re not lean). After retarding a little till the knocking stops is that the best setting and does that process apply to all RPM and MAP cells? In other words, do that process to each (or small group of cells individually) RPM and CELL individually?

2. Can you get knock retard at steady throttle light/medium load? If not how would you know if timing is right?

3. I know you start out selecting a map that’s close to your configuration. To optimize the AFR table in all cells is a little confusing to me. I know you do road test like steady throttle and different loads, and also full throttle heavy load, if your not knock censoring and it has what feels like decent throttle and decent MPG what do you do to verify your as good as it gets? For instance, if a cell or two are at 13.1 would changing to 12.2 or leaner to say 14.2 be very far off and noticeable?

4. I have used the data mode and do see how some of that info is of use.

Thanks for any help[/align]