Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

HELP PROBLEM WITH KURYAKYN LED FRONT TURN SIGNAL

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:43 AM
countabill
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PROBLEM WITH KURYAKYN LED FRONT TURN SIGNAL

Boy can I really use some help This problem has me so perplexed.I have Kuryakyn Led front turn signals on my 2003 Dyna FXDL Lowryder with alarm I also have a Kuryakyn Panacea system that takes care of the rearIve had this on the bike from day one Loved it never had a problem .I never liked the REALLY hot load equalizers so I deciced to install a BIKETRONICS Load equalizer that does not get hot( or as hot) Now to install this I had to disconnect the battery and then reconnect after all the hook up was done I tested the lights and the front led turn signal lights started going on and off at random but ONLY when the bike was running when the bike was off and the key just on everything worked fine . I thought that it must be the load Equalizer so I removed it and put back the old one still the same result . Now I took out the panacea system and just had the Led turn signal in SAME RESULT know heres the topper I took out the led lights and put back the Old BULBS and everything worked Like a charm Running or not . I even bought a new set of front Led lights thinking the circuit boards on the lights blew SAME RESULT. A friend had told me once you disconnect the battery you have to reset the codes is this the problem?? or can it be something with the TSM/TSSM? I like having the brighter leds o the bike Im just not sure if I have a wiring problem or a code problem Thanks in advance a Steak dinner on me for a post that gets these things to work right again

Old 05-11-2007, 03:13 AM
countabill
5th Gear
Default RE: HELP PROBLEM WITH KURYAKYN LED FRONT TURN SIGNAL

Think I might have FINALLY figured out whats going on here . Turns out that The BIKETRONICS BT801 load equalizer I added fried my Kuryakyn panacea controller ( not sure why), the front lights are flashing at random or when the rt or left turn is pressed because the bike is thinking that there is a bulb out in the rear .because its not sensing enough load when I put the OEM bulbs back in the rear everything works Fine The front leds work fine without a load equalizer added to the system. Now Im going to get a new Kuryakyn pancea controller with THERE load equalizersand we will see what happens DOES any of this sound like this was the problem ???

Old 03-09-2011, 07:16 PM
metalmachine
Stage I

use badlands load equalizer 3 designed for all leds and lower voltage turnsignals/tail light assemblies. designed for parade use does not produce heat!