Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Treminal Velocity II - fantastic!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:04 PM
jhill2209
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Treminal Velocity II - fantastic!

I often see members asking if anyone has tried the TV II, and I don't see many reply posts, so I thought I would post my experience in hopes that it may help someone out.
The first thing I did was tune the bike according to the directions that I found her on the forum. There are very detailed instructions for setting the TPS voltage, throttle cable adjustment, cold idle speed, and high idle speed. These are very helpful, and saved me a trip to the dealer. I, like a lot of people here, try to do as much as I can myself. This alone made the bike run quite well.
Next I installed the TV II, and I was a bit dissapointed b/c I couldn't get the bike to run as well as it did without the unit. It may havegiven ita slight edge in performance, but it seemed to have a lean condition; it would hesitate on acceleration and on hills, and it would slightly surge at steady speeds (more noticeable in lower gears). The TV II website has a checklist of things to check if you have these conditions; apparently I am not the only one with these issues. I eliminated all the possibilities, yet it still didn't run correctly.
I decided to try something; I figured the worst I could do at this point is end up needing a tune-up. I raised the TPS voltage setting 0.100 volts at idle; no particular reason for that amount, other than I wanted to try a small amount to start. Well, it seems to have worked perfectly. I took it for a 100 mile ride, and didn't feel 1 hesitation or surge the whole time; to top it all off, the bike now pulls like a bear through the whole rpm range! It now runs like I had hoped that it would when I bought it.
I'm not sure how this will affect fuel mileage, but that's not the reason I bought it. I was intrigued by the claim that it will tune your bike by itself; no need to go to the shopand get a download if you change your pipes,air cleaner, etc. The unit does seem to be a little finicky, but when you get it right, it is a noticeable difference on a bike that already runs pretty well.
If someone has had some trouble with one of these units, I hope this helps out! Just be sure you are comfortable with adjusting the TPS, b/c they are veryfinite with adjustment.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:19 AM
wesd41
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Treminal Velocity II - fantastic!

I put one on my 2000 RK a year ago and have had zero problems with it. I like it.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:12 AM
papajon
Advanced

There's more to life than pc111s and T-max (both sponsers of this forum) If you really want to know do this; Open your HDeads and type in terry components terminal velocity 11 alpha n performance,go to page 2 down to site 16, check that out but don"t miss page 2 5 down "Mark 1 bx" 3 good sites there I"d just give you the sites but going to them direct comes up "hacking".

Old 05-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Purp
Advanced

Quick question .. when you install the TVII do you need to load a base map .. if so is it included or is there a place to download it from
I was going to go to the TMAX ..but didnt like the look of the rear O2 sensor .. and had to have 2 bungs welded in .. with the TVII only one sensor and I already have the bung on my R
Rineharts
Thanks for helping the newbie

Old 05-15-2007, 12:59 PM
wesd41
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My TVII came ready to go- no base map needed (and no provision for loading one). I had to splice all the connections, but it's my understanding that they are being made with plug-in connectors now, which would greatly simplify installation if it's true.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:41 PM
jhill2209
Advanced

It runs off the map that is already in your bike and makes the air/fuel ratio adjustmentsto that. It is able to adjustfor exhaust, intake, and possibly cam changes. Now if you increased your displacement, it is my understanding that you will get better results if you had the correct HD download. That download will get it close to where it should be, and the terminal velocity can adjust from there.
And yes, you don't have to hard wire anymore; they make plug and play versions.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Purp
Advanced

Thanks Guys
Well still havent made my decission on tmax or tmII .. sent zippers an email yesterday got a reply ina few hours .. also sent Terry an email .. still no response .. hope this isnt indicative of the service ...

Old 05-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Pixs
Tourer

Great info Jody, thanks.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-21-2007, 11:03 PM
papajon
Advanced

In a previous post reguarding the TV11 I failed to give correct reference to obtain information about this particular EFI fuel managment system. I also may have been misunderstood in using the slang term "HDeads". My meaning of HDeads was only directed towards some folks that may reguard metric bike riders in a dim light,I certainly meant no offence to anyone. My intent was simply to attempt to direct folks to more info on this product,which can be done by researching the "B&B performance computer" as the B&B and TV11 are both made by one manufacturer and are the same unit. I admit that I am as new to computers as some folks are to EFI on bikes. Please bear with me, I do need LOL!

Old 05-22-2007, 06:58 PM
cruiser85257
Road Master

Papjon, I'd love to read more material on this subject but neither one of your posts make any sense to me. Could you explain in simple terms where one will find this information.

Quick Reply: Treminal Velocity II - fantastic!