Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Treminal Velocity II - fantastic!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:49 AM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Treminal Velocity II - fantastic!

I appreciate the information keep it coming! This is the tuner I have in mind for my Ultra I don't plan on any engine upgrades I have already added the Supertrapp SE mufflers and will add the Doherty Pacc intake with the TV2, and I'm done! I especially like to idea of more MPG along with perforamce enhancement, like working on a carb again.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Pixs
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jon,

Thanks for all the information, it sounds like it's the way to go for me. About the ride, I think I'll be doing a coast to coast this Sept. My wife sugested that I do it again this year, I think I will but all back roads. Last Oct. I was in a hurry to get to Boston so it was all freeway riding (almost). No special route planned yet, may be I'll see you on the road.

Best wishes,

Pixs [sm=deal.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=biker2.gif]
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-04-2007, 01:32 AM
papajon
Advanced

I may have failed to mention that when I was speaking with the service superviser of one of the two Tulsa HD dealerships, I asked him if HD would be addressing the heat and pinging etc. issues in the 08s. He indicated no,because if they did "build them to run right" HD would no longer have the additional market for their various "aftermarket improvments" such as the SERT for example. After dealing with them,it made sence to me. No SE here please.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:41 AM
papajon
Advanced

I just can't help it. My dyna runs like it is being corrected in cruse rpms. Before It was lagging at 45 mph in fifth-now it putts along real sweet under where I'm supposed to be in all gears. I can't seem to make it lag. When I have to slow to lower gear i shift and the rpms are right there at the bottom of the nextlower gear-no lag about it. By now I've notest the motor is definatly running cooler. It even idles smother-less vibration. I've been rolling the throtle pretty hard, but riding like I'ved described I could get even better gas milage at lower RPMS. I read about the latest PC 111 and the "gray area"-meaning cruse rpms on the 06 dynas and all 07s (closed loop) PC says that range cant be adjusted. The TV just says it adjusts to factory settings But it also says it adjusts from idle to WOT,and the way my bike is running I believe it. I'm no wench, but I've had 4 bikes This EFI is all new to me and even if you were the best tech in the world,why would you want to work on your bike more than ride it? IMO TV 11 alpha n is the bomb for 06 dynas and all 07s. I know one more thing about all this-these T-max and PC guys definately got more time and money than I do!

Old 06-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Pixs
Tourer

Thanks again Jon, might see you in Sept.

Best,

Pixs
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Faidros
Stage II

Thanks papajon and all others for an interesting thread!

While looking at the specs for the TV II, there is just one thing that I can't figure out. Mr. Terry says (FM220Q, all 07s):
[ul][*]This part fits models listed that are Delphi equipped ECU (utilizes factory O2 sensor)[*]Uses factory OEM sensors and attaches directly to factory ECU[*]Fully automatic dynamic tuning with a Robust Platinum II oxygen sensor [/ul]Being heavily technically challenged I don't understand how the 'broad band' TV II can use the factory 'narrow band(?)' O2 sensors? What's then the Robust Platinum II Oxygen Sensor doing? Is the latter one the sensor that was doing the job for pre-06 Dynas (without the O2 sensors built in)? Man, this can be confusing..

Can anyone of you explain the functional principles of the box in understandable terms? It would be highly appreciated, would like to understand the thing before ordering.

Best Regards,

Faidros

Old 06-07-2007, 07:33 AM
papajon
Advanced

Faidros, I wish I could find any info even close to the functional principals in technical form. But I really never did. (not for lack of trying) I made my choice based on what guys on this and other forums said about how the unit performed. And the opinions of the techs that seemed to best understand this new "part time" closed loop system. B&B performance computer(same unit) gives more info,but not much of the kind your're looking for. There's a guy here in Tulsa that went to a seminar on it-everyone I've asked about him says he's the best-and I found him to even be honest-very rare. He could probably provide the kind of info we want to know-but he works on all the bikes that come to him -works like a dog and has little time for conversation. He's the only one in town installing the TV. All I know is it does everything I wanted-and more! I found it interesting that every brand of these units thatsell the 02 sensors(2-4-or 6 wireare allaround100$. I really don't completly understand why it works so good-I just know it does(at least on my 07 street bob) I'm sure T-Max would be great-but I'd have to pay to get it installed right-for 4-5 times the money. I'm just a dumbas- plasterer that loves to ride.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:17 AM
SSJ
Road Captain

Papajon,
I'm not to far fromTulsa and always looking for a honest wrench where does this guy work?

Old 06-07-2007, 12:50 PM
papajon
Advanced

The Kinetic Playground-4207 S. Peoria-Donny Meador-70$ hour-worth every penny! Usually 2-3 weeks out ahead-918-743-6552. (negative on Twister City-6th& Utica)

Old 06-07-2007, 02:03 PM
SSJ
Road Captain

Got it noted Thanks!

Quick Reply: Treminal Velocity II - fantastic!