Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Treminal Velocity II - fantastic!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:20 AM
trusty1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Treminal Velocity II - fantastic!

Man, whats all this PC love in crap, if someone is offended by anything you posted isn't it bad luck for them? you obviously weren't intending to put anyone offside??

Did you get a "please explain" email from a mod or something?

Considering the image portrayed of HDers as people who can give as good as they get (among other typecasts), it appears some peolpe can get their knickers in a knot over very little, or am I missing something??

so TV aren't sponsers here?? big deal!!

I await my PM!

Keep speaking your mind.........I'm sure 99% would approve?

Trusty1

Old 05-23-2007, 08:02 PM
papajon
Advanced

Yea, I did get a personal e-mail from a guy that did'nt understand the directions or the HDeads thing. The first post wasn't the best way I could explain how to get this info. and the second post had the last apology you'll see from me. Research means-well, research. I'll try it again. Go to advanced search on your computer. Then go to the exact phrase line and type in B&B performance computer-hit enter and there they are-B&B (Bilgry and Bones) performance computer. In one of those sites thedistributor for B&B explains that the B&B and the TV11 are made by the same manufacturer and are one in the same units. He sells to metric owners and Terry Components has the HD market. There are some forums about all this too. These are Calif.metric forums (I assume) and those guys have had more experence with these units. It seems wierd that this forum hassuch little infoabout these fuel managment systems. Is anyone out there in Calif.? If so, please respond.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:31 AM
papajon
Advanced

This post has meat. So far I've only been sharing some of the places forinfo on the TV11 alpha n. There are alot of other sources as well, like a thread in this forum from last year.But now I can tell you how it has performed on my 07 bob- big sucker 11 with VH straight shot slips and last Nov. "recall adjustment download" for all new 96s-thats all I got on the bike. I asked the head service guy at the stealership when I got the download if the "closed loop system" could handle the slips and breather I wanted and he said oh yeah. Now I think his answer was based on the fact I told him I didn't think SE slips soundedany better than stock and I prefered the BS11 breather. Then I had rotator cuff surgery,my gold watch for thirty-one years of plasterering.so I wasn't riding and spent 2 months looking at every HD option and aftermarket product for performance,tuning and heat reduction available. IMO dial-ins had gaps in the curve (3 or 10 adjustments-still gaps) And could add fuel only. power comander lies to the ECM. Sert and race tuner no account for load conditions. T- Max costly and complacated. Sure, PC and T-Max self tune, but still more $ and effort. The only problem with TV!! alpha n is Terry doesn't providemuch tec data (unless you really dig for it). Bottom line- If nothings wrong with your bike, plug and play is sweet. The unit adjusted quickduring about 100 miles in town and the interstate. The unit does work from idle,through "cloosed loop territory" to WOT. Terry says it works off of factory settings,but I found that to mean more like new software with your computer,like AFR about 13/7 at cruse-not 14/7 or up to 16/7 out of loop territory(dirty little company secret). I spoke with a guy who had his exaust sniffed and he said the TV AFR was about 12/6 to 13/7 smooth across the curve. My as- dyno rated what felt like 30% more instant power,in all 6 gears. 515 bucks and 2hrs labor. I didn't think my 96 couldjump so quick and and stretch the gears out so smooth, up hill same as flat road. New plugs are clean. How sweet it is!

Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Pixs
Tourer

ORIGINAL: papajon

This post has meat. So far I've only been sharing some of the places forinfo on the TV11 alpha n. There are alot of other sources as well, like a thread in this forum from last year.But now I can tell you how it has performed on my 07 bob- big sucker 11 with VH straight shot slips and last Nov. "recall adjustment download" for all new 96s-thats all I got on the bike. I asked the head service guy at the stealership when I got the download if the "closed loop system" could handle the slips and breather I wanted and he said oh yeah. Now I think his answer was based on the fact I told him I didn't think SE slips soundedany better than stock and I prefered the BS11 breather. Then I had rotator cuff surgery,my gold watch for thirty-one years of plasterering.so I wasn't riding and spent 2 months looking at every HD option and aftermarket product for performance,tuning and heat reduction available. IMO dial-ins had gaps in the curve (3 or 10 adjustments-still gaps) And could add fuel only. power comander lies to the ECM. Sert and race tuner no account for load conditions. T- Max costly and complacated. Sure, PC and T-Max self tune, but still more $ and effort. The only problem with TV!! alpha n is Terry doesn't providemuch tec data (unless you really dig for it). Bottom line- If nothings wrong with your bike, plug and play is sweet. The unit adjusted quickduring about 100 miles in town and the interstate. The unit does work from idle,through "cloosed loop territory" to WOT. Terry says it works off of factory settings,but I found that to mean more like new software with your computer,like AFR about 13/7 at cruse-not 14/7 or up to 16/7 out of loop territory(dirty little company secret). I spoke with a guy who had his exaust sniffed and he said the TV AFR was about 12/6 to 13/7 smooth across the curve. My as- dyno rated what felt like 30% more instant power,in all 6 gears. 515 bucks and 2hrs labor. I didn't think my 96 couldjump so quick and and stretch the gears out so smooth, up hill same as flat road. New plugs are clean. How sweet it is!
Sounds like you are really happy with the unit; so, did it affect your fuel economy and by how much? I often travel where space between gas stops can get you nervous?

Thanks for all the information,

Best,

Pixs

Old 05-29-2007, 02:20 AM
papajon
Advanced

Don't know yet Pix-I had about little less than half a tank of gas,went appox 80 mi and came back just into the red. I know it was better, but not by how much-yet. The ride tweeked my shoulder (RK surgery 6 weeks ago-bad tear) When I reset the clock last night I realized it was closer to 80 than 100 mi ride-suck at math. In a few days I'll fill up and figure off the trip indicator. But the unit is tuned in, runs richer and runs smooth, down shifts sweet. 2 cars boxed me in-sitting on bottom of 4th-40mph-rolled out-stretched to 60 in a heart beat with rpms to spare.Lifted tire coming into 2nd-not meaning to! In 6th at 110 it was pulling hard as anywhere on the curve but against the wind I let off. No flutter at cruse or anywhere else. Lot better than I thougt it'd be. I;ll let you know MPG ASAP. - it was worth the pain!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Pixs
Tourer

Papajon, thanks again for the info, what mods did you do to your ride? I never did learn what different BT names mean except the Super Glide, FXDI Stage I+, that's what I ride.

Take it easy on the shoulder, you do want to ride all summer, right? I just wanted to find out if there was an improvement in mpg or a drop.

"2 cars boxed me in" what's with that trick? I noticed that in the mid West comming home from Boston last Oct. It sucks big time! Most people out here would lane split to get away from idiots like that.

Any way, thanks for the great info, rubber down, chrome up.

[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-31-2007, 01:17 AM
papajon
Advanced

07 street bob-vance hines straight shot slips-big sucker 11--Boxed in-2 cars ran up on me Fast-one behind-one to my left-driving crazy-before they could come around and either stop to turn or take my lane like I wasn;t there (you've had it happen) I rolled 1/3rd throttle and the bike moved faster than I thought it could. Thanks for mentioning the shoulder,your a considerate man. I'm just doing everything I can to stay in shape to work ASAP-taking some chances,but trying NOT to ruin the surgery. So far so good 7 weeks today and ahead of the curve (as far as the things I've read and been told reguarding re-coop) Feeling fine. Today I filled up and rode 40 mi.(aggressive throttle)Gage just went1 mark down. MPG better for sure-wont know till I run it out and do the math. And yea I want to ride the rest of the summer-I will-and fall and winter and spring as long as I can crawl up on the seat!!! Thanks Brother-it'd be cool with me if we could tour someday(s).

Old 05-31-2007, 01:29 AM
papajon
Advanced

Forgot to mention-new plugs some white-but not near as white as stock-otherwise Clean. Downshifting no popping-again better than stock --and Faster oh yea.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:51 AM
papajon
Advanced

TV11 AFR- Last night I ran across the Frenqently Asked Questions area concerning Terry Components TV 11 alpha n. It stated that the unit is calabrated at 14.7 at cruse and 13.5 under load.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:36 AM
papajon
Advanced

Treminal Velocity 11 alpha n review concluded-In my post about the new plugs to help evaulate the TVs AFR areas, I was hastey about checking the new plugs. After about 440 miles on the unit I checked them today and the white on them has turned darker and very light brown-not what anoverly lean condition would indicate. They are also very clean. The MPG seems to be about 41 MPG-it was 37. I;m hearing more positive buzz from the teck gurus (asking around alot of places). Some say the TV 11 is superior to the PC111 for moderate mods. My dyna just keeps getting better. easy hot starts, smother downshifts and roll offs-Better than I thought it would be in all respects. I'll quit going on about it now. You'all are probably geting tired of seeing all these posts I've submitted lately. The fact is that now I'M totally solded on the TV 11 alpha n. Thats really all that matters to me. Draw your conclusions about it. Best Wishes-papajon

Quick Reply: Treminal Velocity II - fantastic!