Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Results from Powervision Auto Tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Stych
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On WinPV you can compare two tunes and show a percent of change, but more useful is a screen on the PV itself while running AutoTune that will show it. I'm pretty sure that when you end an AutoTune session, it will show you the max percentage of change. A few more sessions on the rides you described sounds like a pretty good plan, and I think you'll have a good set of VE tables when you're done. You may still need to tweak a bit for decel pop etc., but you'll be mostly there.

As far as a professional tune goes, I'm sure that it's tough to beat, but up here I've never had that option. Either way, it sounds like you're on the right track. Let us know how it goes.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:16 AM
johnson27
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default comparison

"I'm pretty sure that when you end an AutoTune session, it will show you the max percentage of change."

So, switch screens before I "exit" to see the changes reflected in percentages?

If so, that sounds easy.

Thanks,
J27

Old 07-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Stych
Cruiser

Pretty close. When you exit the log screen, there should be some lines of text and the bottom will have the average change and the max change per cell. Also, if you press the MODE button while your in the Catalog screen, you can get a screen that shows the corrections that it will apply (Log Mode: LCORF or LCORR I think, but you'll see it when you get there).

Old 07-08-2015, 11:21 AM
johnson27
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Stych.
I have searched Dynojet videos and tried to read as much of the 700+ pages of the Powervision thread. It just seems there could be more video tutorials to make this process simpler, especially for those who just want to autotune a couple times and be done (and know when to quit).
I'm not the kind of guy who will use the quick tune functions or start changing values or % values, mostly for fear of really screwing things up.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:29 PM
GMRO
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry to hi-jack...

Looking at the Powervision myself... Can you folks answer a few newbie ???

In the "basic" non-pro configuration the only connection is to the data port? No Oxsensor connections? Like in the case of the FP EFI MicroTuner...

Will the Powervision transfer to another bike? Seems the Vance/Hines FP3, which neither of my bikes can use, say it "marries" to the bike first connected. I've 2 bikes that show the PV-1B as the correct Powervision unit needed. Can I use 1 Powervision on 2 different bikes and flash as needed?

Sorry for these basic questions...AND THANKS!

Old 07-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Stych
Cruiser

1. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that the non Pro Power Vision is just through the data port.

2. It DOES marry to your ECM, although I believe that additional licenses are available at a nominal charge. AFIK, most if not all flash tuners will marry to your bike, so you're not likely to get around that.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:03 PM
GMRO
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Stych
1. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that the non Pro Power Vision is just through the data port.

2. It DOES marry to your ECM, although I believe that additional licenses are available at a nominal charge. AFIK, most if not all flash tuners will marry to your bike, so you're not likely to get around that.
Thanks Stych!

So you figure that is good way to go? Will tune ok? I've e-mailed them direct after this exchange and asked about 2 bikes and fees.

Just wondering what the feel is for this item in the "basic" configuration. I think if I can see feedback and feel it I can adjust it. Course with folks here who've had success/MAPS thats a good thing too!

Old 07-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Stych
Cruiser

Most folks have had good results with the PV and AutoTuning, and I suspect that would too. Keep in mind though, that AT is a tool to get to good VE tables. The rest of the tune is up to you and the base map that you started with. There's about a million little things that you can do with the PV, but if you start with a good base map you probably won't need to mess with most of it. The guys at Fuel Moto are pretty well known for their support in this area if you need it, so keep that in mind when shopping.

As far as basic vs. pro, the basic would probably work fine, and the pro can be added later if you wish.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Boost
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by johnson27
So, a little background here first. 2007 Road King, 96ci, stock headers.
Got my Powervision from Jamie at FuelMoto. Preloaded with a tune, screamin eagle a/c and Wild Pig slip-ons. Ran pretty good, but I ran a couple autotune sessions and still had some decel pops. I decided that I did not want to stick with the Wild Pigs, and went to Rinehart 4" slip-ons. I used the tune I was currently running with the WP slip-ons and this is what I came up with on my screen when done with my first autotune in the current configuration of my Road King. Mind you, I need to clarify I do not have a 'windows based' computer in the house, so, short of loading the WinPV software on my work computer, I'm using only the bike mounted Powervision to get my data. Should I expect to run at least a couple more sessions? Decel pops have decreased but not disappeared, and I still notice a little when shifting thru a few gears. Anyway, here's the screen, and I apologize in advance for the shitty photo.
Your decel pop is more than likely caused by a lean condition in the closed throttle positions during deceleration.

Complete 2 or 3 auto tune runs. Now go to the AFR page. In the 20 MAP (KPa) column, set the AFR to 12.5 in the RPM ranges that you get decel pop.

Last edited by Boost; 07-11-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:45 PM
bullast
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Im just making this post to track the thread.

Really good info here for me to try.

Thanks.....

Decided to chime in a bit.

My bike was throwing a code while I had the AT Pro kit installed.

I called to get their input and they told me the bike wanted to see my stock 12mm O2 sensors.

By the end of the conversation, I understood that I needed to run my stock sensors.

However, I wanted the 18mm sensors for the AT function at my fingertips.

Throughout the discussion with Travis (if memory serves), I mentioned that I purchased the PV w/ AT Pro so that I could get the best tune and have my bike run optimally in different climates (mostly elevation) since I know Ill be moving (active duty military).

I was quite frustrated when he said to me, "well, if that was your goal, you shoulda got the PCV (Power Commander V).

Considering the fact that id discussed with them exactly what I wanted out of a tuner, WELL before purchasing the PV, I was pissed.

Im typing this to recommend looking into the PC5. It may be a better option for your particular application.

Just to be clear, the entire FuelMoto team is excellent to work with.

They're always inclined to help with any issues or questions Ive had.

EXCELLENT CS! Cant say enough good things about them.

Last edited by bullast; 07-12-2015 at 06:14 PM.