Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

New Smart Siren...not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:20 PM
ggf
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Smart Siren...not working

Hey folks,
I'm hoping you can help me. I installed a Smart Siren II on my '07 ST Deluxe a couple of days ago but didn't bother to test it. Today, I had some time and went to test the siren and its not working. I can get the security system to go off, but no siren, or chirp for that matter. I have not driven the bike since the install. The instructions indicate I may have to drive the bike for 4 hours if the 9 volt is discharged. Doesn't it recharge on the just the bikes battery power, or do I need to go for a long spin? Am I missing somthing? Thanks
Greg

Old 04-27-2007, 11:45 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Smart Siren...not working

ORIGINAL: ggf

Hey folks,
I'm hoping you can help me. I installed a Smart Siren II on my '07 ST Deluxe a couple of days ago but didn't bother to test it. Today, I had some time and went to test the siren and its not working. I can get the security system to go off, but no siren, or chirp for that matter. I have not driven the bike since the install. The instructions indicate I may have to drive the bike for 4 hours if the 9 volt is discharged. Doesn't it recharge on the just the bikes battery power, or do I need to go for a long spin? Am I missing somthing? Thanks
Greg
ggf: This might help:

TT251 – July 14, 2006
Siren Chirp Enable Feature
To enable or disable the arming/disarming chirp on the smart siren, Turn the ignition key
on/off 3 times. Turn on and leave on until the security lamp goes out. Once the lamp goes
out, turn the key off. The security lamp will come on again. Once the lamp goes out, turn the
ignition switch on.
After this cycle has occurred 3 times, the Chirp feature will change to enabled or disabled,
depending on the current status.
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-28-2007, 01:36 AM
ggf
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Smart Siren...not working

Well, I figured it out.....and feel kinda stupid, but this may help someone in the future. Apparently, you need to cycle the ignition key on/off for the siren to come to life. Once I did that, all is normal. (Before I did that, only the lights would flash, even though the siren was hooked up)
Greg