Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Got my New AutoTune Today....

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Scrmnvtwins
Stellar HDF Member
Received 150 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Got my New AutoTune Today....

When I purchased my '13 Limited I did a homegrown Stage I by adding the SE air cleaner, V&H Power Duals, Monster Rounds and Dynojet Power Commander 5. When I ordered Power Dual head pipes I ordered for an '08 with the 18mm bungs thinking someday i would want to add the AutoTune to my PCV. That setup worked well for a couple years but I wanted more so last fall I purchased a set of Woods TW-555 cams and SE Premium Adjustable Pushrods. Installed the new hardware and program provided by Fuel Moto and headed for Daytona. The program provided works well but I keep thinking there is a little more to gain. This week I ordered and today received my new Dynojet AutoTune. My plan is to loosly install to update the map then remove and plug the bung holes after I tweak the map.

Looks like a rainy weekend, has anybody heard the possibility of ruining the Bosch O2 sensors if they get wet?

Old 06-04-2015, 01:20 PM
raleigh111
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not heard of that? Hope yours works better then mine. It will just cut out sometimes under hard throttle?

Old 06-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Scrmnvtwins
Stellar HDF Member

February in Daytona I added 5 Pts to 6 squares of the map, 20-40% and 2-2500 RPM to solve a lack of power. Now 3 months later I decided last week to add 5 pts in the 40-100% and 1750-2250 RPM zone of the map. Seems to be better, but I know at some point i will cross the line and be too rich and risk fouling plugs, just thought it was time to try the AutoTune. Mostly because the last time I had my '03 dyno'd I felt like they rode her hard and put her up wet....

Old 06-04-2015, 03:11 PM
raleigh111
Intermediate

Concept is great! FM afr table is great balance of power and fuel milage. 02 sensors reading afr and adjusting fuel. Just dont seem to be able do in consistently with a piggy back system? Like i said mine will just cut out for split sec under hard throttle? I hope yours works better! I know people with same problem as me and others that love it? Im going back to tts or the power vision (no more piggy back) in future. You will be surprised how much your cell values change with it. I thought my tts map was right on and auto tune was taking away as much as 35 in some cells and adding 10-20 on top? I just cant stand the cutting out for split seconds when it matters most! Good luck!

Old 06-04-2015, 03:23 PM
Scrmnvtwins
Stellar HDF Member

I have not added the AutoTune yet and to date on 3 bikes have never had a WOT cutout issue. I plan to remove the AutoTune as soon as my Trim Values drop to 5% or so. Plan to keep a good map saved and only accept what works. I am thinking maybe 3 or 4 rounds then pulling it off till the next upgrade.

Old 06-04-2015, 03:52 PM
raleigh111
Intermediate

You peeked my interest. I will try disabling the auto tune tonight and see if i can get it to cut out???? If no cut out must be auto tune issue??
A guy i know has a 107 he brags about all the time bla bla bla his stuff is so perfect bla bla his bike dynoed by the best bla bla 118 hp 130 tq bla bla bla. I have yet to dyno tune mine, slapped together in dirty garage by myself. We dragged twice the other day and i took him both times to 120mph by about 2 bike lengths out of hole and pulled another from 60-120, damn auto tune was cutting out for split sec each time?? Get that fixed and i can really say see ya lol,.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Scrmnvtwins
Stellar HDF Member

OK, Raleigh, I installed and ran around the block, accepted trim values, ran around block and down the highway, again accepted trim values the took a longer ride trying to cover the map. The Autotune pulled fuel out of my original map in the 2-20% and 1250-3250 RPM range and added fuel in the 40-100% cells 1250-3000 RPM cells and almost all my 100% cells have increased values.

Bottom line is the new Map is more responsive in the less than 3k range with more torque. I will leave the Autotune on for the weekend accepting trim values a time or 2 more but what I have now is significantly better than what I started with and what i started with was pretty good.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Scrmnvtwins
Stellar HDF Member

Raleigh, I did notice an O2 wire that seemed to back out when I tightened the screw, check to confirm you see no tinned wire and only insulation outside the PCV

You could be setting up a harmonic at high RPM that is losing the connection in a wire or 2

Old 06-10-2015, 06:23 AM
Scrmnvtwins
Stellar HDF Member

Last 2 sessions I found decreased values in the low RPM, low Throttle quadrant but changes were minimal as I had reduced %change to 5%. Removed the Autotune and O2's putting the bungs back in headpipes. Seems to be perfect, I know it is leaner low and richer high so will take some time to confirm the new MAP. For me the process was straight forward taking maybe 1 hr to install, 2 minutes each for 5 or 6 trim accept sessions and 20 minutes to remove the Autotune hardware. So less than 2 hours and I got a new map.....

Old 06-10-2015, 05:56 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

nice review

Quick Reply: Got my New AutoTune Today....