Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT data mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:45 AM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default SERT data mode

I have been doing some data runs with the SERT on my 07 Ultra and I noticed something strange, or at least different from any other bike I have ran in data mode, the injector pulse width does not follow suit with the VE's or corrected VE's, I mean to say that when the VE (actual or corrected)is higher on one cylinder than the other, shouldn't the pulsewidth on that cylinder also be higher?, My data runs do not correspond to this on the Ultra yet every other bike I have files on always show a longer pulsewidth when a higher VE is recorded. The bike is running great and the measured afr on both cylinders are fine, it actually appears as if the pulsewidth is switched between the front and rear cylinder in data mode on the 07. WTF?

Old 04-26-2007, 03:58 PM
cjuetten
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SERT data mode

Interesting observation so I checked a few of my logs.

My front and rear pulse width are VERYclose but the front is slightly less than the rear. However the difference between myFront and rear "VE NEW" isa much higher.It lookslike if myFront and rear VE were closerI would see the same.