Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

need some direction

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 06:07 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm gonna try and download the file on to my in law's windows pc and see what if I can play with it for a bit. Doing it this way is gonna be a pain in the *** though.

I might just take it to the dealer like oldenuf suggested.

Ed, thank you for be offer man.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:22 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Hi Alain,

I do not profess to know anything about that tuner, but if you are able to get the software on your computer I am sure someone here will have a base tune for you if you need it and the tuner allows for it? I know people around often post and receive maps when asked based upon the same hardware.

Good luck, I'm sure it will work out. And like you said, the fact that you seem to have the SE hardware (albeit with stock cover), would at least insinuate that the equipment was installed and then flashed if the previous owner ever rode the bike after install.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 971 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
Well, just tried to download the file from the HD website on to my wife's laptop (only computer we have in the house). Her laptop's operating system is Google so it's not compatible with the file from HD's website.

Now I have to figure out if buying the software from an HD dealership is an option that will work with her laptop.
No - the software is the same - I do not believe it will run on chrome. If your buddy has a laptop, you can hook to your bike with the tuner and the software will tell you what the cal id. is. It will also pull out the complete tune that was put in so we could tell you exactly what has been modified in each table.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Ok, so my only option here is to take the bike to the dealer along with the tuner. I just realized that I won't be able to use my in law's computer because it's a desktop computer and I would have to park the bike in their living room hahahahha.

Looks like I'm stuck going to the stealer for this one. Not thrilled about that at all.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member

Ok, so my only option here is to take the bike to the dealer along with the tuner. I just realized that I won't be able to use my in law's computer because it's a desktop computer and I would have to park the bike in their living room hahahahha.

Looks like I'm stuck going to the stealer for this one. Not thrilled about that at all.
Or you could buy a super cheap laptop.

Old 05-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Yea, I could do that too. We have a chrome book, an iPad and two smart phones. We would never use that cheap laptop again afterwards lol.

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm gonna leave this one up to the stealership

Old 05-10-2015, 06:25 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Good luck Alain!

Old 05-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Sparkee...
Road Master
Received 227 Likes on 142 Posts

Yea, I could do that too. We have a chrome book, an iPad and two smart phones. We would never use that cheap laptop again afterwards lol.
I ran into the same issue having nothing but Apple computers in the house. I found a Windows 8 tablet on sale for $100. The software runs fine on it although the print is pretty tiny. I am able to strap it to my fairing and use the Smart Tune Live feature to tune it while I ride. Once I'm done I'll probably throw it in a box with the SEPST and shelve it, Windows 8 makes a terrible tablet.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sparkee...
I ran into the same issue having nothing but Apple computers in the house. I found a Windows 8 tablet on sale for $100. The software runs fine on it although the print is pretty tiny. I am able to strap it to my fairing and use the Smart Tune Live feature to tune it while I ride. Once I'm done I'll probably throw it in a box with the SEPST and shelve it, Windows 8 makes a terrible tablet.
I use my Macbook all the time to run the tuner. Parallels is quite simply awesome!. I run Mac IOS and Windows simultaneously - not through apples either/or Boot Camp.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Thanks for the input and the well wishes fellers. I'll just take it to the stealer and have it looked at.

Quick Reply: need some direction