Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dyno tune vs auto tune- pros and cons

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 11:55 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
IMHO the title should be Dyno tune or Road tune. I know PV uses the term auto tune but unless something happened this morning no tuner exists that you attach and it automatically tunes the bike to perfection. the human factor has to be involved.

If you are willing to put in the time then Road tune, if not then Dyno tune.
If you road tune and are not happy, save the map and get a dyno tune, then compare the two maps to see what changed to make it better.

often said the dyno does not do the tuning, it is the operator using it.
Correct and the TTS and the SEPST have the same feature but a computer must be use to reflash. The human factor is a HUGE deal in a tune. I just went thru this and I gotta say what a good dyno guy can do is amazing. No way that a canned map and road tuning will get you what a dyno tune can. If you are happy with a canned map and/or a road tune great, but don't think that it can't be improved upon because it can, a bunch.